• Can someone explain to me why this board thinks it's a good idea having the earliest posts first, but when replying it puts it last?!? why the reverse order when replying?!

• Probably because that's the standard on forums? I've never seen a forum do that differently. The way it works now is the way I would read anything else, and the way I expect it to behave.

You can change the way threads are displayed for you at the bottom of the page with the buttons "threaded," and "indented." Neither of them will shift the posts in reverse-chronological order the way you seem to want it to, but still.

• oh really?

I've never seen(noticed) this behavior before on any boards.

The reply box always seem to be at the end of the thread with the latest post just above it.

• Yeah, exactly - I may have misunderstood your original psot. That's how I see the board, and the opposite of what I thought you were asking for. Is that not how the Vivaldi forums are displayed for you?

Like, for example, this thread reads like this for me:

@Benom:

Can someone explain to me why this board thinks it's a good idea having the earliest posts first, but when replying it puts it last?!?

why the reverse order when replying?!

@Tiamarth:

Probably because that's the standard on forums? I've never seen a forum do that differently. The way it works now is the way I would read anything else, and the way I expect it to behave.

You can change the way threads are displayed for you at the bottom of the page with the buttons "threaded," and "indented." Neither of them will shift the posts in reverse-chronological order the way you seem to want it to, but still.

@Benom:

oh really?

I've never seen(noticed) this behavior before on any boards.

The reply box always seem to be at the end of the thread with the latest post just above it.

Reply Box

• thats how it is for me when loading this topic.

But when i press reply it turns the other way around.
    [attachment=1631]vivaldi.png[/attachment]

I've never seen this behavior before on any boards.
    Attachments:

• Ah, okay. I understand now. And yes, this is what I see too. It's never really bothered me, and still doesn't, as I can just as easily see the most recent reply either way it's displayed. But I'm going to bet the reason it's displayed that way has to do with the forum software, Kunena, as that's what these forums are using.

At this point I can only say that you'll need to take this up with the Vivaldi staff. I would recommend maybe changing the title of this thread to something more detailed as "Reply" might be prejudged as spam or some kind of forum game. I'm assuming the former because, as of this post, your thread only has 55 views. Maybe something like, "Inconsistent Posting View" or "Chronological Posts in Reply Preview."

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.