Vivaldi Tabs

• Hi All, Why does vivaldi tabs not behave like chrome or firefox? What i mean by that is when i open like youtube (tab 1) and speed dial (tab 2) but when i right click open in new tab from youtube tab, the tab open behind speed dial tab instead of beside youtube one. How do i change the way the tabs behave? Sorry for my lousy english.

• Welcome to the forum!

You are not the first one who isn't satisfied with the opening sequence of new tabs. For instance this thread is complaining as well.
    Answers to the question "why" are very often on a philosophical streak and never easy. Thus I don't try to answer that question. This feature seems not to be implemented yet and seems to be of less priority than other things the developers have to manage. ;)

• okay tks

• thanks for the reply
    apparently this is not i want but it seem that the features is currently not yet implemented.

• @JialeLeong:

thanks for the reply
    apparently this is not i want but it seem that the features is currently not yet implemented.

The feature is there since the day one.

What's missing is the contextual menu. It will came. But in the meantime try to get used to the middle button, it;s way faster and handier than any menu (and works in chrome too, because it;s one of the zillions of innovations that Chrome cloned from Opera).

• No it's not just you that thinks that. And indeed, we need an option to open the new tab next to the current tab, or at the end.

• If this is implemented, it should be an option either way. My browsing habits have adjusted over the years to tabs opening at the end, and i hate when opening chrome, and it doesn't do that!

• Yes it should definitely be an option. What we want from Vivaldi is options, not "everyone must be alike!".

• @Benom:

If this is implemented, it should be an option either way. My browsing habits have adjusted over the years to tabs opening at the end, and i hate when opening chrome, and it doesn't do that!

The tab next to active was one of the greatest Opera innovations, but clearly even pèople used to inferior browser must be pleased with an option.

Anyway I don't consider that option at the highest priority (as I was used to) because there's an extension that works

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simpletaborder/cekafjbmkfofacenifehbglhmajimhjf

• While they're at it, they could offer options of "before current tab" and "before first tab" as well.

• @The_Solutor:

The tab next to active was one of the greatest Opera innovations, but clearly even pèople used to inferior browser must be pleased with an option.

Anyway I don't consider that option at the highest priority (as I was used to) because there's an extension that works

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simpletaborder/cekafjbmkfofacenifehbglhmajimhjf

I have used opera, and never once have it done that for me (using middle mouse button)
    it has always opened the new tab at the end

• @Benom:

I have used opera, and never once have it done that for me (using middle mouse button)
    it has always opened the new tab at the end

The settings were there for a reason.

That setting was missing from firefox, ie and so on, so I think that at some point Opera reverted the default choice to not chock the people coming from other browsers

• well finally someone understand what i want, the issue is about opening next to the current vs far right and not about opening in the foreground or background.
    i also found out that clicking middle button on mouse solved that issue temporaily
    currently this extension => chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simple…acenifehbglhmajimhjf solved my issue temporaily as everyone have their own browsing habits and styles

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.