Desktop Upgrade

• I am not sure if this is the right place to post but I just wondered if there is anyone who can help me with this. I currently have a Core2Duo desktop and I am thinking of an upgrade. I cannot consider the expensive i5 or i7 line-ups due to financial constraints. So I can only look at the i3 chips. Can anyone tell me if its worth upgrading to Haswell i3? I do not usually do any intensive tasks on my PC, its just occassional photo editing.The whole point of the change was that I wanted to make my desktop a bit more "future-proof". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

• I can't comment on the i3, however I have had good luck buying "Factory Refurbished" computers from the IBM store. (HP, Dell, and Apple also offer these products just type in "refurbished" in the store's search box.)
    There are also many stores selling off-lease corporate desktops and laptops. These are usually only two or three years old and may have been State of the Art back then…

For a start, try this link to Dell Financial's ebay store:
    http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=dell-official-store-usa-refurbished

Good Luck!

• Hi nikhil,
    If you have high budget, go for i5 or i7 with graphic card (2 cores isn't enough for future); if you have medium budget, go Amd FX series with graphic card; other wise Amd APU with a high performance Ram is a good choice. But I think you should investigate to other part too like power supply, a good power supply save your bill very much (a good power supply can be with you over 10 years); a high grade mother board make your entire system run smooth and effective; a SSHD is good choice for HDD if you don't have a budget for a SSD. Keep balance your PC parts, a high performance Cpu/graphic card only can't bring full potential of your PC, like driving on off road with a F1 car.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.