Silverlight not working

• Hi, I enjoy the speed and functionality of Vivaldi on my mac. I would like to use this browser as my default browser but I cannot. I need to access a webapp which is built with Silverlight and all I get when trying to access it in Vivaldi in the Installation icon for Silverlight . The software is already installed on my mac and works in Safari. Does anyone know how I can get around this issue ?

• Same thing seems to have happened on Vivaldi for Windows. It used to work but after the latest update at some point it broke. Silverlight doesn't show up on "vivaldi://plugins" either but attempting to install again gets an error "The same version of Silverlight is already installed".

@codrin19:

Hi,

I enjoy the speed and functionality of Vivaldi on my mac. I would like to use this browser as my default browser but I cannot. I need to access a webapp which is built with Silverlight and all I get when trying to access it in Vivaldi in the Installation icon for Silverlight . The software is already installed on my mac and works in Safari.
    Does anyone know how I can get around this issue ?

Wish I did. I have a website based on silverlight that I have to use essentially every day for my work. For this reason only, I have to keep multiple browsers installed.

• NPAPI plugins (netscape style plugins) aren't welcome anymore on Chromium, and Vivaldi inherits it's behavior.

So, unless MS releases a PPAPI plugin we are out of luck with Silverlight.

The same applies to java, vlc and so on…

http://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation

I'm thinking Vivaldi could do at least as well as Opera, which even on top of Chromium 46 (the next version after the one Vivaldi is on now) merely pops up a message warning you the plugin will soon be unsupported. It's a government website, so who knows how long it will take them to update their technology? Still, as long as the plugin CAN be supported, I see no reason not to do so.

We know that MS has made noises for a couple of years now about abandoning Silverlight, even while issuing updates for it. Still, that doesn't help us users who do not have an alternate source for the data being hosted only on the obsolete website.

• I'm a newcomer to Vivaldi, but I discovered that the chrome extension IE-On-Chrome lets java work fine in Vivaldi 1.0. One step closer to a new default browser for me!

Chris

• After further usage, I'd say the extension isn't perfect. Not very responsive and keeps telling me my connection has timed out and invites me to "upgrade". I didn't click on it, but presumably there is a payment involved.

Chris

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.