Making an Offer they Cannot Refusee

• The Godfather was a very powerful man. Italians worshipped the ground he walked on, so he was able to make an offer people could not refuse. Obviously the vast majority of people on this site, , with an exception of a few, are not in the mob But, despite that, surely some of you eat pasta from time to time. So, let's be honest here, when was the last time you made an offer people could not refuse ?... :woohoo:

• There is really NO offer you can't refuse. There may be an implied option that you aren't willing to take but the option is always there.

• You must be a very powerful man to think in that fashion. I for one am not that fortunate. As a sales rep I can tell you that my offers are rejected Half of the time.

• @Eyes_of_a_Painter:

You must be a very powerful man to think in that fashion. I for one am not that fortunate. As a sales rep I can tell you that my offers are rejected Half of the time.

Not powerful at all. Probably the least powerful you would ever see.
    No money, tired and out of time is me.
    I assume that the offers you give at least have an implied option of not taking the offer.

• I remember on one occasion I was making a sales pitch to this young lady. I was having a real hard time getting across to her and she said.. " You need to do better than that. Make me an offer I can't refuse." I did. Made the sale and the rest is history… B)

• @Eyes_of_a_Painter:

I remember on one occasion I was making a sales pitch to this young lady. I was having a real hard time getting across to her and she said.. " You need to do better than that. Make me an offer I can't refuse." I did. Made the sale and the rest is history… B)

I am sure what she meant was "won't". This is all a matter of semantics of course, I don't mind talking with you but it is pointless.
    As for the "Godfather" movies I have never seen it. I don't generally watch movies just not one of my habits.

• You never saw the Godfather ? It was a very good movie. The message you get from this movie is the corruption of power and when this power is focused in the wrong way, what you give in a bad way comes back to haunt you.

• @Eyes_of_a_Painter:

You never saw the Godfather ? It was a very good movie. The message you get from this movie is the corruption of power and when this power is focused in the wrong way, what you give in a bad way comes back to haunt you.

Sounds like it should be about the USes political class.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.