Session manager extensions

Hello, guys! The Vivaldi doesn't have a session manager (yet!). And this is a feature I need much. With the possibility you add extensions easier, which session manager extensions you can suggest?

• I join the request. I open the morning my browser, and all that yesterday left open "for tomorrow" - was gone.

• I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want; a sessions manager like Opera. I currently for instance have a big set of pages that are related to a retro-programming project I'm working on full of useful information for that. But I don't want them every time I use the browser, but I can't choose that right now.

While we wait for Vivaldi to implement this VITAL feature, does anyone know what files I could manually copy to another location and restore when I want this session, manually? I'm presuming there must be some. Will copies of this folder-

C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Session Storage

work?

edit

No, it doesn't :D

(Viv 64 bit, Win 7)

• @jaxtraw:

…does anyone know what files I could manually copy to another location and restore when I want this session, manually?

1. Open this directory: %localappdata%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default
    2. Locate Current Session, Current Tabs, Last Session, Last Tabs

Those are the files you want.

@Tiamarth:

@jaxtraw:

…does anyone know what files I could manually copy to another location and restore when I want this session, manually?

1. Open this directory: %localappdata%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default
    2. Locate Current Session, Current Tabs, Last Session, Last Tabs

Those are the files you want.

I did it sometimes. I dunno what last/current tabs do really, but the important is current/last session.

I am using the TabHamster extension. I used it in Opera and Chrome and this is the best I have found for my needs.

• Nonetheless, this needs to be built into Vivaldi as standard. When the Devs have time :)

• I agree, and I have no reason to believe that they won't eventually implement it. I would say at this point they've proven they listen to the community, after all

• Hi,
    Session Buddy extension works very well on my system; it automatically backs up sessions and I can recover from crashes . I'm using Vivaldi 1.0.258.3 (Developer Build) (32-bit) on Windows 7 x64. Installation was simple: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/session-buddy/edacconmaakjimmfgnblocblbcdcpbko?hl=en-US.
    Norio

• Norio - Thanks for the link. I just downloaded and installed. It works great and will allow me a lot of flexibility with opening and closing a large number of tabs.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.