Search bar stucked

• Every time I want to search something through the search bar it gets stucked some letters I type are written on the vbar some other not, I tried this in two different computers and has happened the same. In this screen capture I tried to type the word "blu-ray" and only the first two letters were typed and the rest are stucked [URL=http://www.subirimagenes.net/i/150819095348742475.jpg][IMG]http://sia1.subirimagenes.net/img/2015/08/19/150819095348742475.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Please state which version number of Vivaldi you are using, and on what platform - also, any extensions installed.

Nothing like what you describe happens here on the latest version in Windows 10.

• Sure vivaldi 1.0.249.12 (64bits) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits and the extension is ublock Origin

• I have exactly the same issue with 1.0.249.12 32-bit build on Windows 8.1 enterprise, Ghostery, AdBlock and latest flash ppapi plugins installed.
    Please note, that problem occurs after first search using search bar, so you can use it once. Also issue is related to opened tab - if new tab is opened or switched to already opened tab without stucked search bar, then you can perform one search on this tab.
    Problem seems to occur when page finishes loading - while loading I can input new characters.
    Clear button ("x") does not clear text. Pressing enter performs another search. If I type some text and press enter, then first letter of added text appears in search bar.

• Confirmed on Vivaldi 1.0.252.3 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit. You can't use the search bar twice in the same tab, it would seem. But it works fine in other tabs. I'd suggest using the quick commands dialogue (F2, type search query) to search until this gets fixed. You can tell the quick commands to not open in a new tab from the Vivaldi settings if that annoys you.

• Running 1.0.252.3 (32-bit) on Windows 10. Running Adblock Pro, Lastpass, Auto Load HD for Youtube, and Blur.

Have to open new tab for new search.

• I first encountered this as what I thought was a Search Box problem with the StartPage engine, and filed it as bug report VB-8646. I've since discovered it occurs with any engine.

• @Blackbird:

I first encountered this as what I thought was a Search Box problem with the StartPage engine, and filed it as bug report VB-3646. I've since discovered it occurs with any engine.

Maybe a typo on VB-xxxx?

VB-3646 is unrelated to search box…

• @The_Solutor:

… Maybe a typo on VB-xxxx? VB-3646 is unrelated to search box...

Yep!! Apparently, I can't read my own writing… :S It should be VB-8646, and I've edited the post above. Thanks!

• That very bug was marked as duplicate, but anyway they are working on it with high priority, so you can be optimist about the next snapshots.

• @The_Solutor:

… they are working on it with high priority, so you can be optimist about the next snapshots.

That's good enough for me! And I'm always optimistic about future Vivaldi updates… more than I've been in years, regarding any other software products.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.