No download finished notification

• New user here, using Vivaldi (Dutch version) for 2 days now and liking it a lot! This on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
    One thing though that I can't find to be working: download finished notification. When I enable "Automatically open downloads panel", that is working fine. But I am not a fan of that side bar (way to big for my taste), so I disabled that and did enable the "Notification when download is finished". But that is not working, there is no notification. Tried several settings but no notification.
    Any solution for that?

• @Menno555 Welkom beste Menno555!
    Regarding your issue, I don't know if the following post could help (Help me bring back download notifications & access to previous downloads
    Another way could be to have the notifications directly from Windows check here
    But you might be looking for something else...

FYI, never hesitate to use the Search to find other posts that are related to what you're looking for.

Geniet van Vivaldi! 😉

• @Ornorm Thanks for the reaction, I got it solved 🙂 It is indeed Windows based.
    Turns out that Vivaldi uses the Windows 10 notification system. Have to say it is confusing in the settings cause there is no mention of that, it looks like a pure Vivaldi setting. A lot of people (me included) have Windows 10 notifications disabled because most of the time it is just annoying, so the Vivaldi download finished notification is doing nothing then.

• It is indeed resolved but at the same time it isn't: the Vivaldi download notification does work when Windows 10 Notifications is enabled. But ... now I get all kind of notifications from Windows that I don't want, they are annoying as hell. So disabled it ... meaning that I do not get Vivaldi download notifications now. Small price to pay 🙂
    Suggestion to prevent confusion: make a notice in settings that it actually is a Windows notification and not a Vivaldi notification. Just in the settings text, something like "Windows notification when download is finished".

• @Menno555 Sorry to hear that.
    I hope someone else with more knowledge will be able to help you further on this.
    Otherwise, you could or create a specific Feature Request (if it doesn't exist yet) or open a Bug report

• @Menno555
    Hi, and welcome, check vivaldi://flags/#enable-native-notifications
    If it is disabled Vivaldi use own notifier, cant remember default setting.

Cheers, mib

• @Menno555 said in No download finished notification:

It is indeed resolved but at the same time it isn't: the Vivaldi download notification does work when Windows 10 Notifications is enabled. But ... now I get all kind of notifications from Windows that I don't want, they are annoying as hell.

Disable all other apps from sending notifications.

Windows Settings > System > Notifications & Actions, scroll down and switch off everything you don't want to annoy you.

• @mib2berlin said in No download finished notification:

@Menno555
    Hi, and welcome, check vivaldi://flags/#enable-native-notifications
    If it is disabled Vivaldi use own notifier, cant remember default setting.

Cheers, mib

Thanks for the tip. I had it enabled but nothing happend.

• @7twenty said in No download finished notification:

@Menno555 said in No download finished notification:

It is indeed resolved but at the same time it isn't: the Vivaldi download notification does work when Windows 10 Notifications is enabled. But ... now I get all kind of notifications from Windows that I don't want, they are annoying as hell.

Disable all other apps from sending notifications.

Windows Settings > System > Notifications & Actions, scroll down and switch off everything you don't want to annoy you.

Did that ... but still notifications. Not from apps but Windows events.

• I get notifications on 2.7 Stable, but not on the latest Snapshot.

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit 1903 build 18362.356 • Snapshot 2.8.1664.4 (64-bit)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.