SNAP 1.0.249.12 : Tab bar sizing problem



  • Hello, With snapshot 1.0.249.12 there is a problem with tab bar when you dock it on side. [img]http://hyakushiki.org/conneries/vivaldi-tabs-problem.jpg[/img] The tab bar can't be resize manually. Tried with a new profil, still same behaviour.



  • Confirmed here. Doesn't matter if tabs are on right or left sides. When on the side of the window, tab thumbnails are not displayed.

    Edit: It looks to me like, when placed on the side, the tab bar is adjusting to fit the size of the tab's title.

    [attachment=1561]Screnshot_from_18-08-2015_001.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:



  • @Tiamarth:

    Edit: It looks to me like, when placed on the side, the tab bar is adjusting to fit the size of the tab's title.

    Yep, that's what I've observed.


  • Moderator

    Vivaldi has published this on the snapshot download page as a known issue.



  • Just worked out a temporary fix until the developers fix it (probably in the next release, because this is a huuuuge annoyance to people who use tabs on the left / right). It just involves editing the CSS Vivaldi uses to display the UI.

    1. Open directory /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/resources/vivaldi/style/
      –- People I'm directing here from Windows, open directory %localappdata%\Vivaldi\Application\1.0.249.12\resources\vivaldi\style\
    2. Open "common.css"
    3. At the very top of the file, add:```
      @import "custom.css";
    5) Paste this code into the file:
    
    

    #tabs-container.left {
    width: 196px; !important;
    }

    If you want to move the tabs to the right, then do the same thing but replace .left with .right
    
    Vivaldi will need to be restarted after changes are made to these files.
    
    After following the above steps:
    
    [attachment=1564]Screnshot_from_18-08-2015_002.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:
    ![](https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/16277/Screnshot_from_18-08-2015_002.png)


  • The workaround works fine, thanks !

    I didn't see it in known issues, I read it too fast maybe.



  • You're welcome :) Happy to help.



  • Another problem which occurs occasionnally with tabs : when I open a link with middle click, the new tab stays blank.

    The page is actually charged because I can see the title, favicon, etc, but the content is blank. The only way to get the content it is to copy/paste the URL in a new tab, or sometimes close tab and middle click again works.
    The refresh function (F5) doesn't work.



  • I keep seeing that too. There's most likely not anything in the CSS to help with this one as it's about functionality rather than appearance, so I don't really have any ideas for a workaround. But some more info, just in case anyone comes by here and does have an idea, or if a developer is reading this and could use more info to fix the bug:

    The source always seems to load on these pages, even though there's no visible content. There's always an error in the developer tools about something or multiple things on the page being blocked by the client. Example:

    [attachment=1572]Screnshot_from_19-08-2015_.png[/attachment]

    https://vivaldi.net/mod_pagespeed_beacon?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvivaldi.net%2Fen…%2F4492-snap-1-0-249-12-tab-bar-sizing-problem%2Freply%2F33116%3Fquote%3D1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
    

    I don't think I've seen the dead bird since the update. Maybe this is a symptom of the same bug after they tried to fix it?
    Attachments:



  • When I search about this error, the answer is always "it's a third party addon".
    I see you have µBlock installed to. I've tried to disable it, it doesn't change anything.
    I've already encountered the error "ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT", but it was actually µBlock. In this case, this addon doesn't provok this problem because when you disable it, the issue still occurs.

    It's the only addon I have installed, as I hope to see an internal "content filter" feature like the late Opera 12.



  • I hadn't thought of that. In addition to uBlock, I also have an extension installed that forces Youtube to render videos in Flash instead of html5. Disabling either / both of them made no difference.



  • Tab sizing problem fixed in 1.0.252.3 => I confirm !

    Links opened in new tab which stay blank => still occurs.

    Thanks to dev team, your job on Vivaldi is great !


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.