New categories

• I cannot find a way to make new categories, and I want to make a topic which does not really fit in any of the existing ones.

• We will check if there is way for us to do that. Meanwhile what categories would you like to see here ?

• You mean here or in a group? Don´t think we will have open for all creating of categories here.

• @bv:

I cannot find a way to make new categories, and I want to make a topic which does not really fit in any of the existing ones.

You could create your own category/discussion if you use the Groups feature to create a group.

Another way to start a discussion with site members is to send a private message to multiple recipients. The replies to that msg will create a mini-discussion at a unique url, viewable by the original msg receipients.

• I would like to see new major forum categories, under which members can create more diverse sub-topics. Here's a list of possibilities:

Sciences
    History
    Literature and Film

• I personally prefer fewer and less specialized categories and tagging systems with many tags that allow filtering inside of the categories. That would make it easier for me to find what I am looking for.

• Vivaldi Team

@galen:

I would like to see new major forum categories, under which members can create more diverse sub-topics. Here's a list of possibilities:

Sciences
    History
    Literature and Film

OK, we will look into that.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.