Everything is blurry



  • Everything is blurry in my Vivaldi. Including fonts, images, UI, even Vivaldi icon. 1.0.233.3 (Developer Build) dev (64-bit) on Gentoo linux / KDE 4.14.3. Screenshot with Vivaldi Chromium comparison in attachment. If you need more environment info - tell me. EDIT: This forum rescale attachment, so i upload image to external hosting http://i58.tinypic.com/2rmqmh1.png Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/62529/desc105.png[/img]



  • I opened Vivaldi today and saw that everything was blurred as you described, I have such state for the first time.



  • May be my eyesight isn't the best anymore but I can't see any difference between my Vivaldi 1.0.249.12 (Entwickler-Build) (64-Bit) on Windows 10 and on Debian 'Jessie' with XFCE desktop environment. Even if I scale up the page to 300% fonts and graphics are looking the same. A change to Iceweasel on Debian is also without any difference in the display as far as I can see it.



  • Noticed the same here on my laptop (running Arch + Xmonad). Was running 1.0.219.50 without issue but bumped up to the latest snapshot in the AUR (1.0.249.12) to avail of some of the new features and noticed the UI is all of a suddenly very very blurry (with the exception of right click menu and a few other drop down lists).

    In my case though it's only going blurry when I have my external monitor running via a USB Display Adapter plugged in. Running just the main laptop screen or with laptop + HDMI monitor everything is fine. I tried enabling/disabling a few GPU related flags but saw no improvements.





  • Jagged and blurry :( I don't know how to make Vivaldi render fonts properly, any ideas?

    This is from Chromium, looks much better:




  • This appears to be an upstream issue related to DPI scaling.

    This workaround improved things for me.



  • That 'workaround' made no difference here. everything, including the UI is blurry. Chromium/Opera on linux don't have the same problem.



  • I take that back, the workaround does work, user error. It's not perfect, but it's much better than it was.

    Thanks to Benen



  • The –force-device-scale-factor=1 switch did work, but caused everything to be painfully small. After some more reading I found this Chromium issue where a comment mentioned a different command line switch, –disable-gpu which worked much better for me.

    Text in web page content is now rather poorly anti-aliased, and there's noticeable screen tearing when scrolling, but this situation is still better (for me) than having everything (UI and page content) be blurry, or having the UI totally unscaled. Hopefully a future release can fix GPU-accelerated rendering at scaling other than 1.0 or 2.0!


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.