desktop shortcut broken

• Hello every one,
    I think this issue has been reported but i'm not certain, either way i'm posting it.
    i'm experiencing some issue with Vivaldi in the task bar.
    when i open Vivaldi (with the original file .exe, or a shortcut) ; Vivaldi run and open a tab. this is totally normal.
    But when i ping it to my task bar, close Vivaldi and want to re open Vivaldi through the task bar, Vivaldi won't open !!
    of course if i use a shortcut or .exe file, it opens normally.

this is really weird.= and annoying at the same time

• @remi-flores There have been a lot of reports about issues on pinning the Vivaldi shortcut to task bar in Windows.

Open the properties dialog of the pinned task and look at the Target. What does it say?

7bd6015b-ce1a-409a-b2ac-f50c4051906e-image.png

@remi-flores As is know a fix is in progress, in the next snapshot (or perhaps a fixed 2.7 Stable?) you will get, hopefully.

• @Gwen-Dragon
    ok the problem comes deliberately from the target of the shortcut :
    my target is

"C:\Program Files\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi_proxy.exe" --profile-Directory=Default--app-id=mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli

wtffff ?? ^^ why vivaldi proxy ?

Capture.PNG

• @remi-flores
    I changed the target to

"C:\Program Files\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe"

and it works perfectly right now ! but why Vivaldi create this shortcut's target when we pin it to the Windows task bar ? this makes no sense !

@remi-flores Windows 10 does that, not Vivaldi. It has done it to other browsers, too. Unless I'm mistaken, a fix for it (strongarm Windows into behaving right) should have come in the latest Stable update. If not, one will be along soon.

• I belive (but may be mistaken) that the latest Snapshot(s) are now including "vivaldi_proxy.exe" which just triggers a launch of the correct "vivaldi.exe".

Now, that's what we call a Kludge 😜

vivaldi_proxy.exe is in 2.7.1628.33 (Date: 2019-09-03).

• vivaldi_proxy.exe still presents in

vivaldi 3.1.1929.45 (Stable channel) (64 bit)
    Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601.24556)
    "C:\Program Files\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe" --flag-switches-begin --enable-features=DnsOverHttps --disable-features=ReaderMode --flag-switches-end --enable-audio-service-sandbox --save-page-as-mhtml

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.