Absolutely delighted to have this browser

• I'm so thankful to the Vivaldi team for creating this browser. I just installed it today on Slackware and what can I say! Magnificent! OK not everything that was in Opera 12 has been implemented and perhaps there are some rough edges but oh boy this browser is going in the right direction. I still cannot believe how utterly impoverished browsers are these days. Firefox and Chrome have done absolutely nothing to improve browsing, yet here we are with Vivaldi barely out and it's light years ahead of them. The old Opera had me spoilt I suppose. What do I like about Vivaldi? 1) Tab stacking. 2) Tab bar on the right (the only layout that makes sense on a widescreen monitor. Are you listening Mozilla??? Are you listening Google??? The answer, of course, is no.) 3) Speed Dial - fantastic implementation. 4) Filters - accessibility out of the box. Are you listening Mozilla??? Are you listening Google??? The answer, of course, is no. 5) UI - what can I say! Fabulous UI that knocks the socks off the ugly, spartan Chrome and Firefox. Well, this is just to say Thank You to the team! I really am looking forward to watching this develop.

• nice review. i haven't tried it yet on linux, good to know before i try.

• Vivaldi Team

@gezley:

I'm so thankful to the Vivaldi team for creating this browser. I just installed it today on Slackware and what can I say! Magnificent! OK not everything that was in Opera 12 has been implemented and perhaps there are some rough edges but oh boy this browser is going in the right direction. I still cannot believe how utterly impoverished browsers are these days. Firefox and Chrome have done absolutely nothing to improve browsing, yet here we are with Vivaldi barely out and it's light years ahead of them. The old Opera had me spoilt I suppose.

What do I like about Vivaldi?

1. Tab stacking.
    2. Tab bar on the right (the only layout that makes sense on a widescreen monitor. Are you listening Mozilla??? Are you listening Google??? The answer, of course, is no.)
    3. Speed Dial - fantastic implementation.
    4. Filters - accessibility out of the box. Are you listening Mozilla??? Are you listening Google??? The answer, of course, is no.
    5. UI - what can I say! Fabulous UI that knocks the socks off the ugly, spartan Chrome and Firefox.

Well, this is just to say Thank You to the team! I really am looking forward to watching this develop.

Hi,

This was a great "mini review". We are so glad you like our browser! We very early decided to make sure our Linux version is kept in sync with the other platforms we support making sure Linux users aren't left behind like they sometimes are when new software is released. If you find it on Windows, you will find it in Linux as far as Vivaldi goes.

One problem in Linux is all the different desktop environments using different graphical toolkits and user interfaces to interact with applications (GNOME, KDE etc). We have decided to let Vivaldi to a large extent stay the same across all desktop environement with a light and dark option in addition to be able to use native window decorations and buttons if visual integration is important to you.

It is important with input from Linux users, good or bad, but it is of course more exciting when someone likes it as in this case! :)

//Christian - Vivaldi Technologies

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.