Who will take over the Opera Software company as its up for sale :(

• Any ideas who it may be? I really hope we don't loose the browser because it's so good at what it does and it has been a favourite of mine for a long time.

• Sorry, double post

Cheers, mib

• Hi, Vivaldi has nothing to do with Opera.

Cheers, mib

[moved into Technology forum]

@mib2berlin:

Hi, Vivaldi has nothing to do with Opera.

Cheers, mib

Well, they are both descended from the same ancestry, though one of these acorns has fallen far from the tree - and it's not Vivaldi. The question is neither here nor there, unless, after the study they have commissioned, Opera decides to sell. They have received a number of offers and have finally made up their mind to study the issue of whether to consider any of them. So IF they turn out in the near future to ACTUALLY be for sale, we will find that out on the same day, probably, that we find out who's buying them.

In the meantime, it's pointless for us to speculate and equally pointless for us to care, because Vivaldi is the future of browsing as far as I am concerned and what its brother-from-another-mother does kind of doesn't actually affect my life. Thank goodness.

• Agreed, Vivaldi is the future! B) But it looks like Opera is heading for a new owner.

We'll see about that when they finish their analysis, won't we?

• Well I think if anyone buys Opera I'd prefer it to be a company from either Russia or China and not a tyrant of the West. I wouldn't mind Yandex getting hold of Opera since Yandex is a pretty good browser already even though its speed dial is a bit limited in some respects. Who knows maybe the next owner will allow Opera to be a deep featured browser again?!??!!?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.