Another small annoyance…

• In many cases, navigating around a particular area of the same site, there is no indication of activity other than an "X" instead of a reload button. Is that intentional? I could get used to it, but on this pokey slow computer, there's no indication of "progress" - no..."information" about what's going on.

• Ha! I see a progress bar but just barely. Can I tweak that? Either change it to a contrasting color or make it wider or brighter or something? Zooming in doesn't help, obviously. And the dark color scheme is even worse…I can tell that it's blue but that's it. I was looking at it so hard that now all of the black items look like they have a blue outline, LOL!

I think the progress bar does need some more contrast. A happy medium may be expected in the future, though I suspect developers have other priorities at the moment.

• In the mean time you can probably edit the CSS manually and adjust the colour of the progress bar.

/opt/vivaldi-snapshot/resources/vivaldi/style/common.css

I'm not positive where the class for the progress bar is - I thought it was "progress-indicator" but changing the colour of that didn't make a difference for me.

• I see a "pageload-indicator" but all I see is "background-color" - one for the light ui and one for the dark - of course I don't know anything about style sheets etc. so…here's what's there -

.pageload-indicator{-webkit-mask-image:linear-gradient(180deg,rgba(0,0,0,.3) 2px,rgba(0,0,0,.05) 2px);height:22px;left:1px;right:2px;top:2px;bottom:2px}.ui-dark .addressfield
    .pageload-indicator{-webkit-mask-image:linear-gradient(180deg,rgba(0,0,0,.6) 2px,rgba(0,0,0,.15) 2px)}.addressfield
    .pageload-indicator::-webkit-progress-inner-element{width:100%}.addressfield
    .pageload-indicator::-webkit-progress-bar{background:0 0}.addressfield
    .pageload-indicator::-webkit-progress-value{transition:width .3s;border-radius:0}.ui-light .addressfield
    .pageload-indicator::-webkit-progress-value{background-color:#fff}.ui-dark .addressfield
    .pageload-indicator::-webkit-progress-value{background-color:#464646}.addressfield .pageload-indicator.loading{opacity:1}.addressfield

Is there anything there I can change without breaking it? lol

I have no idea what any of that means. Unless 2px means 2 pixels?

• You've found it!

I just successfully changed my progress bar to red to test it. Basically change the background-color property to any colour you want. If you feel uncomfortable about changing the common.css file, do this:

1. Create a new file in the same folder as "common.css" name it "custom.css" or literally anything.css
    2. Paste this code into it:
    .pageload-indicator {
        background-color: #FF3300 !important;
    }

1. Open common.css
    2. At the very top of the document, type```
      @import "custom.css";
    –---

The hex in the code there will make the progress bar red. [Here's a good tool to get the hex value for any color you want.](http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp)

Also, you can make it opaque (instead of semi-transparent) with this code:

.pageload-indicator {
    background-color: #FF3300 !important;
    -webkit-mask-image:linear-gradient(180deg,rgba(0,0,0,0.9) 2px,rgba(0,0,0,0.9) 2px) !important;
    }

And yes, 2px /does/ mean 2 pixels :D. If you're ever interested in learning more about css, [this is a decent place to start.](http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp)

• OK, well, I can't just open it in notepad, can I? ROFL!

I can look at it in this "LibreOffice" but how do I edit it? Does linux not have a plain text editor?

• I'm not sure which distro you're using, but Ubuntu's default is Gedit. I personally use Sublime Text most of the time. Brackets is also a pretty decent text editor.

• I'm using LXLE - the latest 32-bit distro…not sure what version number. I've not installed anything manually yet and it doesn't have gedit, which I thought was weird...is that weird? I kinda thought it was standard - like Windows Notepad...

I think I'll just wait and see if anything happens with the next version of Vivaldi. If I need to see the progress can always put my nose to the screen and squint :)

• And I just noticed that it's not just a tiny line at the top. Right? That's about all I can see is about a 1 or 2px bar moving across the top of the address box. Which is why I wondered if px meant pixels - but that must be a gradient thing or something..

• Does linux not have a plain text editor?

Linux has hundreds, if not thousands, of plain text editors. The one that should be available by default on most systems is vi (or the more recent version vim). Run "vi filename" from a command line.

• @tooo:

I'm using LXLE - the latest 32-bit distro…not sure what version number. I've not installed anything manually yet and it doesn't have gedit, which I thought was weird...is that weird? I kinda thought it was standard - like Windows Notepad...

LXLE is based on Lubuntu, yes? I think Lubuntu's default text editor is Leafpad.

@tooo:

And I just noticed that it's not just a tiny line at the top. Right? That's about all I can see is about a 1 or 2px bar moving across the top of the address box. Which is why I wondered if px meant pixels - but that must be a gradient thing or something..

The progress bar fills the entire address bar, but most of it is transparent. There's a tiny solid bar at the top of the address bar that is completely opaque. And yes that is achieved through a gradient.

That's why, here:

-webkit-mask-image:linear-gradient(180deg,rgba(0,0,0,0.9) 2px,rgba(0,0,0,0.9) 2px) !important;

There are two rgba arguments. It's giving the progress bar alpha values so that the browser renders it in a gradient which is slightly transparent. The default values were something like 0.5 and 0.3 - with the bar at the top being more opaque than the rest of the bar.

• I can't figure out how to get into the file to change it, so it doesn't matter.

Boy, I never thought I'd miss anything about Windows but the ability to right click and "open with notepad" is pretty great.

I found a text editor but it just opens LibreOffice. And anything I open in that opens as "read only" and, when edited, won't let me save it.

I'm sure I'm doing it wrong but I'm done fighting this fight. I just don't care about it enough to get all worked up about it, to the point of wanting to toss the whole f'ing thing out the window - my fightin' days are over.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.