reduce tabbar height

• i have seen a comment somewhere that this is a js mod - but cannot find it - memory tells me there was a suggestion to try some code that i think was posted

i can move the tabs up or down - but cannot change their height [i think] - what i would like to do is reduce the tabbar height when its under tha address bar

anyone have a link to any help or a pointer to how to achieve a narrower tabbar

• Something like this?

• @potmeklecbohdan said in reduce tabbar height:

Something like this?

excellent thanks - a few things to change in another mod and its all perfect

• @potmeklecbohdan

hmmm thought it was perfect but have found a snag - i have the address bar and the navbar at 24px each - that works but there is a gap under the tabbar that i cannot get rid of

i think thats what was said in the post i cannot find - that to get rid of that gap was js

0_1565382693338_gap.jpg

• @adacom What code do you use now? (Please post it always when you have something partially done)

• @potmeklecbohdan said in reduce tabbar height:

@adacom What code do you use now? (Please post it always when you have something partially done)

will do - might be a while - just managed to crash my computer and lost a lot of the code

• @adacom

Looking at some of the code you've posted elsewhere, the problem could be that you are abusing z-index. Always using that means you are just layering things on top of one another, so that gap could just be the #header that is still it's default size underneath.

This is a good starting point to bring everything up one level (quick note: it's important to not simply use display: none because the window control buttons are children to the header, they would be hidden as well using that method)

#header {
      min-height: 0;
      z-index: auto
    }

Or it could be that you have reduced the the .tab-strip and not the #tabs-container

Using @potmeklecbohdan code, you can just add a height to it,

.tabs-top #tabs-container,
    .tabs-bottom #tabs-container {
        padding-top: 0 !important;
        padding-bottom: 0 !important;
        max-height: 24px;
    }

As @potmeklecbohdan has said though, posting your code is always going to make things easier to pin point any problems

• @adacom - thanks - the z index was ok but useful info - not something that ever mattered om skins i have done for Maxthon - but your code was a pointer to the solution

thanks again

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.