Multiple "People" with single Vivaldi sync account

• Current Functionality

Currently you can create multiple "people" (aka "accounts") in Vivaldi, however if you log in to the same Vivaldi account on them, the names and icons are overridden whatever was last selected. E.g.:

• I have three "persons" in Vivaldi:
      • Shopping
      • Personal
      • Work
    • If I sign in to sync one of those persons (e.g. Personal) to my Vivaldi account, all is well. I can see and select "Shopping" and "Work" from my "Personal" session, etc.
    • If I sign in to sync another one of those persons (e.g. shopping), I now see:
      • Personal
      • Personal
      • Work
    • If I sign the third person in to sync, I now see
      • Personal
      • Personal
      • Personal
    • If I attempt to rename one of the persons (e.g. rename the work person to Work) I now see
      • Work
      • Work
      • Work

Suggested functionality

I would like the sync tool to be able to sync information for multiple persons into the same Vivaldi account. This would allow synchronization of important things (like settings, extensions, and tabs/pages) while still allowing me to manage multiple separate cookie sessions, and keeping my data tabs, etc. separate between duties/profiles/etc.

E.g. I create multiple persons (as above), and sign each one in to sync to the same Vivaldi account. I can then switch easily between persons, but can also do things like open tabs from my Work window in my Personal window, set keyboard shortcuts once and have them propagate across multiple persons, etc.

• Ambassador

With all due respect. Never. Never. Never.
    Your request completely defeats the purpose of having different profiles.

• Vivaldi Translator

@Para-Noid
    The fact that you can't sync multiple profiles is the only reason why I don't use multiple profiles. I would love to be able to have a default profile, a programming profile and a work profile, since that would improve my workflow by clearly separating these. However, I find it completely pointless to use profiles if I have to set them up from scratch on every computer I use, and can't access history, tabs, notes, etc. across devices.

Syncing between profiles wouldn't be that important for me, but I can see why some people might want it. And as with other things, as long as there is an option to turn it off I don't see an issue with it.

• @Komposten
    Hi, you can have different profiles sync and don´t need to setup from scratch.
    I have 3 profiles with 3 Vivaldi accounts, private, default and test.
    If I setup a new Vivaldi for a customer or friends I sync once with the default, disconnect and set up a new account and start sync with the new account. For the test I sync only passwords once and so forth.

Cheers, mib

• Vivaldi Translator

@mib2berlin Well, I'm not going to set up several separate Vivaldi accounts just to be able to sync multiple profiles.

@Komposten I can understand you.

But at this time there will be no change with Sync server to add Multiple People in a single Vivaldi account.

@Komposten

Actually it's quite easy if you use a GMail account (don't know on other services).

Just add +ProfileName to your account.

Ex:
    Name@GMail.com
    Name+Work@GMail.com

Not sure on Chrome, but there is no need to store other profiles at School, Work...

• Vivaldi Translator

@Zalex108 The issue isn't about email addresses (I have plenty of those, including a GMail), but about the need for multiple accounts in the first place. It is a workaround, and an ugly one at that.

@Komposten

Well,
    But at least allows the Sync.

• This post is deleted!

• I'd like to add my +1 to this suggestion. I work regularly on multiple projects on two machines. A workflow that works really well for me is to use a new browser profile for each project, so I can get right to work, with pinned tabs for a site I might be working on, a github repo, maybe documentation, etc., and whatever research I've been doing related to that project. As a result I often have lots of profiles at any given time, and they're often (relatively) short-lived -- I certainly can't set up Vivaldi accounts for each one. It would be a killer function for me if I could sync multiple such profiles using my Vivaldi account.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.