Change tab cycle direction (RMB + Scroll)

• It used to be in O12 that mousewheel up = left and mousewheel down = right. That's also how I find it intuitive. It would be nice if there was a setting for changing that, since now it's reversed. It becomes even more apparent when you choose to display tabs on the side: mousewheel up = down and mousewheel down = up. I think it's got something to do with being a right-hander, and how you hold the mouse against the monitor, or simply being used to it. Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/60877/NewBitmapImage.jpg[/img]

• It has been noted a few times before.

I want to switch the scrolling to LMB + Scrollwheel because RMB + Scrollwheel is really cack-handed.

The way that I use the mouse is with the index finger on the LBM the middle-finger on the scrollwheel (middle button), and the ring finger on the RMB.

• Sometimes you want to select large chunks of text for which you have to scroll down, so that would be a problem with your setup. I guess you could use the arrow keys/page up/down buttons in those rare cases. In any case, if one could change those things to one's preferences that would be great :)

• @Pesala:

It has been noted a few times before.

I want to switch the scrolling to LMB + Scrollwheel because RMB + Scrollwheel is really cack-handed.

The way that I use the mouse is with the index finger on the LBM the middle-finger on the scrollwheel (middle button), and the ring finger on the RMB.

I've never found anything strange about using RMB + Scrollwheel. What I thought might be interesting for LMB + Scrollwheel would be zoom control. I find that I play around with zoom enough that I'd like a quick, mouse-only option for it.

But I'm getting off topic. I agree with OP, I find the tab switch change backwards. Especially since I still use Opera 12 most of the time.

• @babande:

Sometimes you want to select large chunks of text for which you have to scroll down, so that would be a problem with your setup.

Agreed, you would not be able to do it that way, but I don't do it that way. I select some text at the start, then scroll down, then Shift + Click to extend the selection. Try it, you may find it less distracting not the highlight the page as you scroll down.

• @babande:

It used to be in O12 that mousewheel up = left and mousewheel down = right.
    That's also how I find it intuitive. It would be nice if there was a setting for changing that, since now it's reversed.
    It becomes even more apparent when you choose to display tabs on the side: mousewheel up = down and mousewheel down = up.
    I think it's got something to do with being a right-hander, and how you hold the mouse against the monitor, or simply being used to it.

The behavior was already reversed to keep it in line with Opera and with what most of the users considers logical.

That said an option to reverse it again would be surely a nice thing.

• I think this is one of those cases where neither side is right or wrong / logical or illogical. For example, I just started a new game and look at what the default settings for this particular command are.
    This is the one setting too that I have to change in almost every FPS I play. I don't get it. Surely up means forward and down means backward? For some reason the developers always have it reversed.
    Wait a second, this is the opposite of what I said earlier. Oh well, for some reason it's different for cycling tabs for me :P
    Attachments:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.