2 search engines

• I'm sure this is somewhere, but I cannot find it / figure it out. If one has set search for both the start page and Address bar, it seems like we should be able to set 2 default search engines depending on which we used. Why else have two places a few inches apart? But I can't figure out how to do it. I normally use DuckDuckGo, but am finding Yippy interesting. So, I'd like to set yippy as the default in one place and ddg in the other, but can't figure it out. - I have set shortcuts of d and y for each, so I can quickly switch from one to the other, but if there are two spots, it must be possible to set two different defaults.

I feel a little about the young boy whose parent thought he was dysfunctionally optimistic, so threw him in a barn full of manure. After 5 hours they opened the doors and he was happy. When they asked him why he was happy, he said, "With this much manure, there must be a horse in here somewhere."

@steveshank At present, only one default search engine is possible, everywhere. Though there are multiple interfaces to employ search, there can only be a single default engine just now.

You can have two different engines, but only separated by Normal Window & Private Window.

• Enabling the Show search field in Address Bar, and Keep Last Selected Search Engine, you can actually have 2 different search fields at the same time, one in Address field and the Search Field, which will have always the last selected one.

@iAN-CooG This is true. If you wish to always use a certain engine in the search box, you can set it to remember last-used, so long as you don't switch to another, because then you'd have to remember to switch it back.

• @Ayespy
    Thanks so much for the info. I was the optimistic little boy! So, I'll continue to use the easiest quick search keys of any browser I know. Just a single letter and a space, no special character I always forget. Thanks. Just stopped showing the search bar in the start page, no use for it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.