Vivaldi has a display problem on pointieststick.com
DeMus last edited by Gwen-Dragon
Hello, I am using Vivaldi on Manjaro Linux and I am having problems with 1 website, of which I know other browsers show it the right way. I also asked around in the Manjaro forums and others don't have problems with this website.
It's this website: KDE Usability & Productivity
The first time I open this site I see this: (which is the wrong way)
Reloading it shows me the correct way:
I renamed the profile folder to make sure it is not an add-on which causes this, but also then the page is not loaded correctly. I opened it in Google-Chrome and there it is correct.
I am using:
Another Manjaro user wrote me he thinks it must be a problem with CSS. I have no idea why the first time it opens it is wrong and after reloading it, it shows up correctly.
Anyone else seeing this as well?
modedit changed title
Does this happen in Private Window? If not, one of your installed extensions in Vivaldi filters too much and blocks CSS.
This also happens in a private window, and as I wrote earlier with a completely empty profile. I did that last thing to make sure it was not an add-on.
When you open the site does it show up the correct way?
Loads complete on my Debian 9.9 KDE and Mint 19 GNOME with 2.6.1566.44 Stable.
Thank you @Gwen-Dragon. I was thinking it might be Vivaldi causes other browsers do it right first time, but apparently there is something else going on.
Will keep searching.
@DeMus Please open Vivaldi menu → Tools → Delete browser data, select Range All, tick only Cache and Delete.
And retry opening page.
No, didn't do the trick. Again it is not showing up the correct way.
@DeMus Really wierd.
I can not imagine what is stopping Vivaldi browser to load all at first time and breaks network traffic.
Which manjaro do you use. I like to test in my VirtualBox VM.
I use Manjaro Unstable with the KDE desktop.
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.16.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.59.0
Qt Version: 5.13.0
Kernel Version: 5.1.16-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 2 × Intel Pentium CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz
Memory: 3.7 GiB of RAM
Unstable? Oh. Sure that may not cause such issue with Vivaldi?
Sorry, no, i will not test with such Unstable. My experience with such diestries was i did not get a working Linux.
You have to wait until an other brave Linux user will test it.
No, I use the unstable edition for several years now and never had problems with programs. It's just not that I am having this with Vivaldi.
It's okay you don't test it in Unstable, it's quite some work to get it going, and to install Vivaldi because it's not in the normal repositories but only in the Arch User Repository.
Thanks for all your tips and help. Really appreciate it.
@DeMus We have some users with Arch here may be they have more knowledge what caused sch broken loading.
@Gwen-Dragon Okay, thanks. Will see if somebody reports here. For now, I just reload the page and see how it is intended to be seen.
zypper last edited by zypper
open your u Block Origin and give the Vivaldi-Sites free, also look for blocked sites there. In case it doesn't work at all, deactivate your u Block Origin, just for while to test it. I guess this Program may cause this problem. Just an idea ... It works perfect on my comp, also with KDE Plasma/Framework 5.16.2/5.59 and u Block Origin.
@DeMus I do not know i a debug log of Vivaldi would help you to catch the stopped loading with a freshclean profile.
Try it in shell:
vivaldi-stable --enable-logging=stderr --v=1 2> /home/$USER/vivaldo-debug.log
zypper last edited by zypper
This post is deleted!