Halting abusive ads.

• I use Mac, and this is Unix BSD 4.2 - the old SunOS. So I have patched /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1    lb localhost
    ::
    192.168.0.3	popitunder.com	chatroom20.com	yourrealdatings12.com	crazyfree-gifts-com.info	pushnotificationsprototype.com
    192.168.0.1	bet365.com
    192.168.0.4	hqmkre.bitlydns.net
    192.168.0.1	adexc.net
    192.168.0.2	legendsofhonor.com
    192.168.0.3	livejasmin.com	cam4.com	irent.com	vogella.com

with "vi"
    In BSD 4.2 the format is ip-addre<TAB><Hostname><TAB><hostname>
    192.168 are fixed, non-routable packets, The same as 10.0.0.n - and 192.168.x.1 is usually the router.
    So any cookie, web page that refers to livejasmin.com or cam4.com irent.com - will never get an answer from 192.168.0.3 because there is nothing there.
    I trace the cookies, the uMatrix extension with "logger" tells me, and now I block them on the way back. One site is usually used as "referral" - like bit.ly and blocking this is effective. But Google uses the same referral links for valid content, so send just a few names at a time, they may cause the wrong behaviour.
    Be careful - but it works. Windows used to have "SYSTEM/HOSTS" for the same: load DNS initially.

modedit added code blocks ans in line code to disable backlinks to ad sites

Next time, please add host code in code blocks and domain names of ad sites in incline code. https://commonmark.org/help/tutorial/09-code.html

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.