Touch/pen Paste and Go in address bar frustration

• So I'm in touch or pen mode on Windows 10 (Surface Book), and have copied a URL from somewhere. Tap Vivaldi in the taskbar, tap the '+' in the address bar, a new tab appears with my new tab page URL selected.
    0_1562106054379_New tab - full address selected.JPG

I long press the URL - and the selection drops to the minimum element!

0_1562106093920_New tab - long press with pen - minimum selected.JPG

Vivaldi knows I'm using touch, it draws the little selection tabs (though PrintScreen didn't capture them)... So now I have to drag each selection tab back out to the ends of the URL. Then tap "..." (which is still floating above the address bar, so I don't have to long press again to get it) and pick Paste and Go.

Oh, and if I try to paste over an existing URL, not a fresh new tab, it draws only one selection tab, I have to drag it to the end, bring up a screen keyboard, and backspace it away.

Yes, I know, #FirstWorldProblem, but I hit it over and over when I'm supposed to be in relaxing mode. The flow could be so much smoother if Vivaldi left a selected URL fully selected when it sees a touch press.

@LorenAmelang
    Could you report this as a bug please? That will help the developers try to fix it, even if it is a "first world problem", it would be good to track it 🙂

For information on how to report a bug, see this URL: https://vvld.in/how-to-report-bugs

Once that is done, please share the bug number (beginning with VB-). Thanks.

On the form, you can add your email address. Once submitted, you'll get a confirmation. You can reply to this with any logs or further info.

I would suggest also adding into your report the type of hardware you use.

• @LonM Sent the report - reference VB-55184

Also another report on the Submit error when I tried to post it - reference VIV-666

I don't understand why the report page is three screens tall here, but I guess making things huge is the new fad. Makes it hard to notice a tiny pale white error tag that only appears at the very top of a 3000x2000 screen for a few seconds!

Received the eMail on the second one already, but no eMail for the first one submitted much earlier...

@LorenAmelang sometimes the mails can take a while to appear. In any case, I can see the bugs are now logged in the system. Hopefully they will get looked at by some developers, if they can find the right equipment to test with.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.