Another UI disability - page loading

• Hi everyone, Yet again I am here to report an important UI feature that is missing from Vivaldi. TLDR: we absolutely need to set the mouse cursor to the 'loading' state when the page is loading. Actually this is a bug. A Chromium bug #325978 to be precise. I (and some other people) have already reported this when the bug first appeared in Chrome Canary more then 2 years ago - https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=325978 Basically when the user clicks a link on the page and it starts loading - THE MOUSE CURSOR IS THE CLOSEST THING TO THEIR FOCUS POINT. It must change to the loading state. [img]http://i.imgur.com/2CqEmNLh.png[/img] I mean, its been more then two years since Chromium broke this feature and I still can't get used to it. I still find myself having to look up at the tab icon from time to time - just to make sure the page is loading. This is a real show stopper. Luckily, Vivaldi is based on HTML/CSS/JS - so there shouldn't be any Blink/Webkit tinkering involved in order to solve this. I really hope this request gets heard and Vivaldi yet once becomes the only browser that does things properly. Thanks!

• @YemSalat:

This is a real show stopper.

:silly: I can see that the behaviour is not the same as Opera 12.17 and IE11, but Firefox also seems to do the same.

I will happily agree with you that this is a bug, but a show-stopper? Are you being serious? If the page failed to load at all that might be a serious bug, but a mouse cursor not changing as expected is no more than a trivial bug.

• @Pesala:

I will happily agree with you that this is a bug, but a show-stopper?

I know this might seem like a stretch, but if you wanna have great user experience - then not having good visual feedback is definitely a show stopper (at least in my book)

@Pesala:

If the page failed to load at all that might be a serious bug, but a mouse cursor not changing as expected is no more than a trivial bug.

From technical point of view - yes it is trivial. But from UX point of view - it is very important.

And yeah, FireFox users have always been 'in the darkness' with regards to this issue.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.