src="https://update.vivaldi.com/stats/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&bots=1" style="border:0;" alt=""

Vivaldi Bug?

• Just tried to fill a PDF using Vivaldi. Pretty frustrating. When I had to enter a numeric it either jumped to a different tab or increased/decreased the tab I was filling out - depending on the number I entered. Assuming this is something that will be fixed once extensions re enabled?

• Which plugin are you using to view PDF files? It sounds like single-key shortcuts are taking over due to a focus issue. That's not unusual with plugins.

• @waterloobob:

Just tried to fill a PDF using Vivaldi. Pretty frustrating. When I had to enter a numeric it either jumped to a different tab or increased/decreased the tab I was filling out - depending on the number I entered. Assuming this is something that will be fixed once extensions re enabled?

Just disable the single key shortcuts.

• Interesting. Thanks for your replies. I see where keying '1' would take me to 'Next Tab (Recent)' in addition to Command 1. I'll disable the numerics but have to question why they're even activated. I'd be ok with Command 1 but just 1? So be it. Again, thanks for your help.

When the browser is mature, single-key shortcuts should be fine, for those who want to use them outside of textboxes, the address field, etc. In such a case, most people will never accidentally activate them. However, at the current stage of development, the browser can't always tell when you are typing in a field that accepts text input, rather than simply striking keys while your currsor is over a blank stretch of page. So once the browser has "grown up," disabling single-key shortcuts should not be necessary. At this stage, however, it fixes the problem of the browser not knowing that you are typing in a field that accepts text.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.