Suggestion: Downloads - Open File Location

• Hello, a useful little feature I would love to see would be the ability to right click a download and choose an option that allows me to open the folder location that the item was downloaded too :)

• It's already there - "reveal file":

• The wording "Reveal File" is really odd. Opera 12.17 has "Open Folder" which is much more meaningful to me.

Also, there are no buttons on the Toolbar for Open or Open Folder, That's also true of Opera, but I there is plenty of space there for a couple of icons.

• @Pesala:

The wording "Reveal File" is really odd. Opera 12.17 has "Open Folder" which is much more meaningful to me.

+1

• In common English usage, something like "Show file location" or just "Show file" might be better. Other languages … would be something for the translators to worry about, I suppose.

I recall seeing "Reveal" (rather than "Reveal file") in one of the early versions and asking what it was supposed to be. By elimination I decided it should be "Show in folder", but it wasn't obvious at all. In that sense, "Reveal file" is better - but still poor.

• I missed the meaning of 'Reveal File' too at first.
    Decided it must be a direct translation from the Norwegian ;-).
    'Open File Location' as in your subject line, makes most sense to this native English speaker.

• @sgunhouse:

In common English usage, something like "Show file location" or just "Show file" might be better. Other languages … would be something for the translators to worry about, I suppose.

Personally I asked to change this loong time ago.

I translated it as "show file in folder", and I believe that translators from other countries did, more or less, the same.

Translated versions are reviewed by a single person, while English comes from different devs (which aren't English mothertongue) so there are still some incongruences and/or odd terms.

I hope that sooner or later an English reviewer will be added to the team, as we suggested many times.

• Vivaldi Translator

I even pointed this out before Vivaldi went public. It is a very old request.
    "Reveal file" sounds like a magic trick and should come with a "TA-DA !!" or a drum-roll sound.

• I reported it as a bug: VB-8108 to make sure it gets fixed, as it will lead to a lot of users missing this feature altogether.

• It's fixed internally.

Just wait for the next snapshot.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.