Preferences dialog needs a close button depending on window manager, right?

• I'm testing newest Vivaldi snapshot on Linux. Today I'm using the i3 window-manager, which is a tiled window-manager. I open the preferences dialog of Vivaldi and i3-wm doesn't show a window-border. Therefore I cannot close the preferences dialog. There is no working keyboard-shortcut (like ctrl-w or ctrl-q). I recommend to put a "Close" button into this dialog or to open it in a tab of Vivaldi. What do you Linux-Users think about that?

• Hmm does it close itself with Ctrl+Q or F2 and typing "Close Settings Dialog" or something?

• @axxl:

I'm testing newest Vivaldi snapshot on Linux. Today I'm using the i3 window-manager, which is a tiled window-manager. I open the preferences dialog of Vivaldi and i3-wm doesn't show a window-border. Therefore I cannot close the preferences dialog. There is no working keyboard-shortcut (like ctrl-w or ctrl-q).

I recommend to put a "Close" button into this dialog or to open it in a tab of Vivaldi.

What do you Linux-Users think about that?

Never uses those tiling WMs but likely the workaround should be searched on wm configuration itself.

Until now every WM i tried has the close button.

Anyway I have reported your request.

Edit:

The close combination should be

mod + shift + q (mod could be alt or win depending on your configuration)

• Thanks for your replies. F2 doesn't work, neither does CTRL-Q. Of course the i3-shortcut for "kill window" (Mod-Shift-Q for example) works.

• it's fixed in 1.0.252.3.
    I thank you very much.
    :woohoo:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.