Any plans for irc.vivaldi.net ?

• irc.opera.com was a nice service.. it's still up, but i hardly see it has any point.. any plans to take it over and give it a point?

• Vivaldi Team

@ersi:

irc.opera.com was a nice service.. it's still up, but i hardly see it has any point.. any plans to take it over and give it a point?

We have a registered IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network. The channel is #vivaldi.
    The channel has not been promoted yet but it is up and running. To access it:

http://freenode.net/using_the_network.shtml

• Vivaldi Translator

I couldn't see a room on the Freenode network.
    I assume this is correct ?
    irc://chat.freenode.net/vivaldi

BTW. When it is more official, can you please promote the use of SSL.
    They have a handy reference section here http://freenode.net/irc_servers.shtml

• This?

[19:55]		Chatraum betreten...
    []		Sie befinden sich im Raum: »vivaldi«. Datum: Freitag 14.03.2014 19:55:50
    []		holmes.freenode.net setzt den Modus +n
    []		holmes.freenode.net setzt den Modus +s: Der Raum ist nun geheim und unsichtbar.
    []		services. setzt den Benutzermodus -o: »QuHno« ist kein Raum-Operator mehr.
    []		services. setzt den Modus +c
    []		services. setzt den Modus +t: Das Thema kann nur von Operatoren geändert werden.
    []		services. setzt den Modus -s: Der Raum ist nicht mehr geheim und ist wieder sichtbar.
    []		-> ChanServ hat den Raum vivaldi betreten.
    []		services. setzt den Benutzermodus +o: »ChanServ« ist nun ein Raum-Operator.[/code]

2 user, ChanServ and me. A topic like "vivaldi.net - welcome. Be nice." would be nice to make sure it is the right channel.

• Vivaldi Translator

Well yes that is my closest server, but I thought I would post the generic server name.

Same here when I join though. Just me and the channel server.
    If it is a registered channel, where are the house bots ?
    It looks like we just created our own Vivaldi room when we tried.

EDIT
    In there again.
    Me and claudio791 are getting lonely ;)

• I like IRC and will be on the channel whenever I have free time. I lurk mostly but don't mind chat, memos, etc., when I happen to be in front of the computer.

• freenode had a problem today and the freenode staff asks registered users to change their passwords.

This was the message:

[Global Notice] Earlier today the freenode infra team noticed an anomaly on a single IRC server. We have identified that this was indicative of the server being compromised by an unknown third party. We immediately started an investigation to map the extent of the problem and located similar issues with several other machines and have taken those offline. For now, we recommend that every change their NickServ password as a precaution.

The necessary command, if you are logged in is:

/msg nickserv set password YOURNEWPASSWORD 

For the latest information about the issue see:
    http://blog.freenode.net/2014/09/server-issues-2/
    https://twitter.com/freenodestaff

• Vivaldi Translator

I haven't been able to connect yet, but thanks for the warning :)

• Vivaldi Team

Hi,

We would of course prefer having you guys communicate here, but for those IRC addicts (like me) hosting an IRC channel on Freenode makes sense. I hang out there and a few others too.

• @christian:

We would of course prefer having you guys communicate here, (…)

We do :p

… but IRC it fulfills a different purpose. What I write here is here to stay. What I write in the IRC channel is just of/for temporary use - often of no use too :D - and it is faster if I want to reach out to certain people.

PS: You just pinged out :D

• Today I connected the first time :)

• Vivaldi Team

Today I did not connect for the first time! ;) See you around!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.