Opening child webpage in a New Tab

• When opening a child webpage in a new tab, the sequence of placing that new tab is very uncomfortable. Google Chrome has a sequence allocation process that seems very comfortable. Also the current tab should not automatically navigate to new tab when opening a child webpage in a new tab or at least it should have preference settings whether to navigate automatically or not.

Known, the right-click menu opens tabs in foreground. As a "workaround" you can use Ctrl+click, mouse middle-button or gesture down-up over any link to open in the background.

• @DaSnipy:

….at least it should have preference settings whether to navigate automatically or not.

~
    ….OR, there could be 2 different selections in the context menu for on-the-fly choosing of fore or background new tab.

Though personally, I never use background new tabs.

But I DO care about the position of the new tab, and there ought to be a built-in choice for THAT too.

BTW, there ARE working extensions which let us tweak all of these behaviours.

Another thread here (or in the 'all platforms' forum) covered it, and I use it successfully when in the Vivaldi browser.
    ~

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.