Usability: What would you add? What would you change?.
Heh. I don't care about any of that stuff, though many may.
I just want my bookmarks bar vertical on one side, and I want Email.
That's it. Then I'm happy.
- Alt Key should pull down the menu even when it's hidden like in IE & FF
- Max and Min Tab sizes as in Opera 11.64 would be nice
- Mouse pointers should change, but they don't. Reported bug as VB-8009 already for left/right cursor on panels, but Fast Scroll cursor may be the same issue
- Mousewheel scroll can switch tabs
- Bookmarks menu is only sometimes useful in Opera. I mostly use the panel with Quick Find, but occasionally use Alt Key to access favourite bookmarks via the menu. Allt B (Bookmarks), etc.
- Downloads in Panel is fine. There's a setting to open it automatically, or to download without asking to default downloads folder. Ctrl J does show downloads by default.
- Click on the icon in the URL field to access site preferences
- 4 pixel high strip to show Tabs in stack is too big. 1 pixel would be plenty. Try enabling the thumbnail popups if you want a big target to select tabs in stacks
- I don't need Autocomplete either
- User modes are on the Status bar, bottom right, Page Actions, next to Zoom slider
I am hoping for mnemonic shortcuts for commands like f,t,p = Execute Program, "FTP Commander" etc.
I would really think it to be great that when you open a new tab that with one key combination (e.g. Ctrl+click) it would open a normal tab at the end, but another key combination (e.g. Middle mouse click) will add to the current tab stack.
1. Dragging out tabs into a new (chromeless) window would be nice.
Would let me keep a chat window, or a youtube stream, in the corner of my monitor while I did something else.
Bonus points if its possible to add a "always on top" option to this window.
2. EDITABLE SOURCECODE - I'll second this. Live editing so development is so freaking useful (and yes, you can sort of do it with the inspector, but its hardly made for it)
All I need is keyboard shortcuts for my speed dials and I'd be happy
+1 For the bookmark menu, or at least single-click for the bookmarks in the panel (although a menu is preferred).