Default Web Page Save

• Just realized that, for a long time now, all of the web pages I've been saving have been being downloaded in MHTML by default. I'd never seen this issue before, and I have no idea how many web pages I thought I'd saved, but which will now only want to open in Word, or some other editor.

Please, either set Complete Page as default, or give us a choice of what the save defaults to.

Thanks for your time.

• @moofie Just change it yourself when you save a web page, and that will become the default. The change is remembered on restarting Vivaldi, so you only need to do it once.

• @Pesala Actually, no, it doesn't, at least not in my experience, and that's why I posted the request. I've manually set it to "Complete" each time I remembered, and it's still always set on MHTML when I come back. There are times that I save a page quickly, and forget to set it, then I end up with a page I can't use in my browser. This has been ongoing for months now, and is not a new situation.

Thanks for your time.

• @moofie Better file a bug report. The last used format is selected in the dialogue, but the file extension suggested does not match. Note the file extension of the file that I previously saved as Complete Page

0_1559842904377_Default Save As Format.png

I use the latest Snapshot, but the behaviour of Vivaldi 2.5 Stable is the same. The Save as type: is remembered, but the file extension does not match in the File name: field.

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit 1809 build 17763.504 • Snapshot 2.6.1566.6 (64-bit)

• Already filed as VB-53978 '"Webpage, Complete" saves with the file extension MHTML' and confirmed and several related bugs.

Mitigation:
    Switch to "html only" and then back to the option you want. if it shows the wrong filetype.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.