Will any government support the Internet Magna Carta? Why or why not?

• The idea expressed at https://webwewant.org appeals to the idealist in me, but my darker side scoffs with derision at the idea governments or big businesses would sincerely support and abide by any recognition of individual freedom or net neutrality. What do you think? :evil: verses :lol:

• @hamilton.jerry:

The idea expressed at https://webwewant.org appeals to the idealist in me, but my darker side scoffs with derision at the idea governments or big businesses would sincerely support and abide by any recognition of individual freedom or net neutrality. What do you think? :evil: verses :lol:

Is this kind of thing even enforceable. Or is it just an agreement people violate when it suits them.
    I don't know if this is a quote I picked up somewhere or if it is mine.
    There is no law without enforcement.

• Having read briefly what is on the link I provided, I suppose the answer they might give to your question, and therefore my answer, too, is that if laws are changed as they advocate, then to the extent any nation-state is operated by the rule of law, enforceability follows.

• We, the USA, have a government that doesn't enforce the law we have.
    We that have that as a background would probably say that the probability of enforcement is pretty low.

• I have read the little that is on the webwewant site and there is very little there maybe more later. They do refer to a United Nations human rights documents, which I read.
    It is a document with articles that are pretty good, I wish the US government would fully abide by these rules, but it has no teeth, there is no enforcement or penalties at all.
    They say they have 94% ratifications, I don't doubt that but I do think they have 0% complete compliance.
    So, I think the Web We Want will be ratified but not followed.
    They refer to the Magna Charta in all this. As I remember the king didn't just agree he was forced to comply by land owners.

• Did you read any of the articles written on the webwewant.com blog? That was the most informative, although I dislike the lack of external links to read more from other viewpoints.

• Yes, some of them but to me they seemed to me to be a selfie. Didn't give me much to work with.
    I just don't feel that they presented anything that could be worked on.
    I do not trust the UN, which they seem to be connected to, to be able to do anything but generate paperwork and provide income for useless politicians.
    They may get some signatures but the will never get compliance that does anything.

• Enforcement? DDoS every country that does not follow the rules! </just_kidding>

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.