src="https://update.vivaldi.com/stats/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&bots=1" style="border:0;" alt=""

Bookmarks bar below address field …

• .... I'd like VERY VERY VERY MUCH a 'special bookmarks bar' right below the address line to reach favorite links very fast and easy - like we've had this in OPERA as well ... (see picture) Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/38776/Bookmarks_bar.png[/img]

Yes. Go to Tools/Settings/Appearance and turn it on. Select which bookmark folder you want it to display, and voila! You have your bookmarks bar.

• that is if it is working as mine has not worked since
    Vivaldi 1.0.201.2 (Developer Build)

@DanMck:

that is if it is working as mine has not worked since

You're the first person to complain of this. Have you considered starting over with a clean profile?

• @Ayespy:

@DanMck:

that is if it is working as mine has not worked since

You're the first person to complain of this. Have you considered starting over with a clean profile?

Meh my bookmarks bar doesn't work as well and I don't wanna re-import my bookmarks/speed dial.
    Maybe something broke my profile over the frequent snapshots updates, anyway he's not the first one to complain about this, I guess I saw many people complaining about the bookmarks bar not working at all

• EDIT: I started a new profile and I copied the old bookmarks files in it and some other stuff.
    The bookmarks bar now works, I don't really know what could've happened, but I use this profile since the TP3, so I've installed like 10 snapshots or more over this profile, maybe something went wrong, no idea

• …thanks a lot - it's working !

But one thing is not as good as it was in OPERA:

When I have to choose a complete existing bookmarks FOLDER to be displayed - I have to move (or to double) single bookmarks from different folders into this one used for the bookmarks bar.
    (e.g. 1 link from my bookmarks folder 'languages', one link from my bookmarks folder 'hardware' and so on.)

This doubling / moving is circumstantial and, if a link is moved, its no longer in its 'home folder' ...

Imho the better solution would be to let us any desired link mark as "show in bookmarks bar" via the link edit dialogue or simply via right click.

• I get what you say but this is still an alpha
    I bet optimizations to the bookmarks bar will come!

• … of course ...I agree ...
    Put it on the list !
    :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.