Cannot change language?

• Hello! I've been using Vivaldi for a while now, but the problem is that the language is set to japanese. My OS is set to portuguese, so I can't figure out why is in japanese. While I can understand a bit, I'd like to use it at least in english. Thanks in advance!

Strange. Try checking the language settings and see if there's anything about Japanese there. Some info about OSX version and which Portuguese it is may help.

• Oops, kinda forgot the basics haha.

It's Brazillian Portuguese, and I'm using OS X Yosemite 10.10.4
    The only setting-related thing that I have that could relate to Japanese is that I have the option to change my keyboard to hiragana/katakana.

I still could not get my hands on MacOSX. When I do I'll try reproducing, just to let you know.

The last time I got it to check translations I could get all languages to work even though the original language was German and regional settings were kept as German.

I do remember though that there were three or more entries with Portuguese but I chose the ones at the very top before the separator.

• @An_dz:

I still could not get my hands on MacOSX. When I do I'll try reproducing, just to let you know.

The last time I got it to check translations I could get all languages to work even though the original language was German and regional settings were kept as German.

I do remember though that there were three or more entries with Portuguese but I chose the ones at the very top before the separator.

For the record I already notced that strange behavior with Brazilian Portuguese, but I tough It was a my mistake.

I have the location set to Italy, and I use the UK keyboard layout.

If I set Macos in German, Vivaldi starts in German.

If I set Macos in English, Vivaldi starts in English

If I set Macos in Brazilian Portuguese , Vivaldi starts in Italian

Maybe a bug because portuguese has the regional part? pt-BR vs. pt-PT. Other languages have only the language code.

• @An_dz:

Maybe a bug because portuguese has the regional part? pt-BR vs. pt-PT. Other languages have only the language code.

In this case maybe Norwegian is bugged as well? They have no-bokmal and no-nynorsk

Maybe, but Mac doesn't have Nynorsk so it's not noticeable.

The same happens with en-US and en-UK. No UK in Mac.

• @An_dz:

I didn't mention but pt-BR works

The same happens with en-US and en-UK. No UK in Mac.

Even the UK extended keyboard is missing, which is the one I use.

Whatever.. I'll try what happens with Spanish ES, V.S. Spanish Mexico

@The_Solutor:

Whatever.. I'll try what happens with Spanish ES, V.S. Spanish Mexico

But here Vivaldi lacks Mexican.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.