Multiple browser windows open (12 or more) when first opening in the morning

• This has been an annoyance for ages! When I first open Vivaldi in the morning, sometimes well over a dozen browser windows will open. They all consist of some of my saved browser windows but also include half a dozen or so new browser windows.

Unless I close all those that I don't need (which takes needless time) it just locks up the computer.

I've had as many as twenty open up which is so annoying. It may be in the settings which I have had a look at but can't identify it!

Assistance would be welcome!

Sid

@sidean Hello there,

Find the full path of your profile folder by typing vivaldi://version on the Address Bar.
    Close Vivaldi, there are 4 files in your profile:

• Current Session
    • Current Tabs
    • Last Session
    • Last Tabs

Make a backup of the files before deleting, restart Vivaldi, does it work ?

• Hi, well, no, because all I got wass the following and couldn't identify the files you referred to.
    I copy what I got :-

Vivaldi 2.4.1488.38 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
    Revision 2640e650a34b63b6befd0c419f417523b8f0ce2b
    OS Windows 10 OS Build 17134.706
    JavaScript V8 7.3.492.27
    Flash 31.0.0.108 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_31_0_0_108.dll
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.105 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/2.4.1488.38
    Command Line "C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe" --no-startup-window /prefetch:5 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --ppapi-flash-path="C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_31_0_0_108.dll" --save-page-as-mhtml
    Executable Path C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe
    Profile Path C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default

I'm probably not au fait with the technicalities so further advice would be appreciated!

Sid

@sidean Profile Path at the bottom of the "About" window you just showed, is the file in which the files @lamarca mentioned. Do you know how to follow a file path? In other words, by looking at the "Profile Path," can you find that folder on your computer?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.