Severe performance drop of tabs moved in a second window

• I would love to share the sites the issue is happening for me personally with.

Unfortunately you can of course not access my work related sites as they are only reachable from company network.
    And my personal Plex server is publicly available but you can't stream from it as it would require a login.

However i will see if i can find pages that are publicly available for everyone that show the same behavior or will try to record it.

• I have made a short video showing the issue.

https://youtu.be/W9tJHrtinSk

You can see the video works very smooth while contained in the single window.
    However immediately after moving the tab in it's on Window by the drag and drop move it starts stuttering heavily.

System spec wise:

Windows 10 64bit - 1809 (Build 17763.437)

Intel i7-6800K
    32GB RAM
    GTX1080
    Samsung EVO M.2 PCI SSD

All drivers are up to date.

• cc: @Gwen-Dragon
    It happens with this tab as well, doesn't have to be video heavy. If you drag it out with the mouse or using the "move tab to new window" context entry the new window is not maximized and you experience stuttering unresponsive mouse scrolling for example. Only if you drag it to the top to maximize it (clicking the maximizing icon does not help) the performance normalizes again.

• I have now upgraded to an I9-9900K unsurprisingly the Issue persists.

Should we raise a new bug for this or is this still open somewhere?

This post is deleted!

• Community Manager

Thanks for reporting your issue and sorry for the trouble. The dev team is currently looking into performance issues, so please report them on vivaldi.com/bugreport so they can get as much information as possible to be able to fix it. Thanks in advance for your help 🙏

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.