Vivaldi TP4 is here!

Vivaldi browser Technical Preview 4 is here! :) Read more about it on our [url=https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/40-vivaldi-browser-technical-preview4-is-here]Team Blog post[/url]. ;)

• Well done :D I'm following you since the second day you released the TP3.
    More than a couple of months now!

We want the beta now! B) B) B)

• Thanks man! B) in hopes of extensions :whistle:

• First hope is to turn off damn autoplay videos. uBlock for blocking ads is working fine.

• I like the expanded Settings, much appriciated. Keep on adding to it :)

Does anyone know how to import passwords from Opera 12.xx (the "wand.dat" file)? The built-in import doesn't work for passwords, only bookmarks.

• Hello,
    How can I import express-panel from Opera12 (file speeddial.ini)
    BR.
    Sergei.

• Is there any way to remove top spacing in the tab bar?

• @muthuvijay:

Is there any way to remove top spacing in the tab bar?

Yes.

Get the latest Snapshot to see all of the latest improvements in Settings.

• In which category in settings

• yeah got it…Unchecked Enable tab stacking...

• That's not it, Enable the tab setting to “Switch tabs at Edge of Maximized Windows.”

• Awesome! And thanks.

Would still like to shout out that pinned tabs should be persistent from session to session… otherwise they're just like normal tabs and what's the point? :-)

• @alexnguyen:

Awesome! And thanks.

Would still like to shout out that pinned tabs should be persistent from session to session… otherwise they're just like normal tabs and what's the point? :-)

Pinned tabs are surviving to reboot only if you choose to restore the last session.

I consider it a bug, although people at Vivaldi are considering the pinned tab surviving to restart, in any condition, a feature request.

Whatever the matter was already discussed.

• Lovin it…..fresh well made............great job everyone!

• Hello,

I just learned about Vivaldi Web Browser this weekend. Here is my feedback:

• Default download location field needs a Browse button (in settings)
    • You should let the user set the cache directory in settings (these are the first two things I want to set when I try a new browser)
    • Adding the option to use Facebook as a registry method would be great
    • something is wrong with the copy-paste method in the notes application (on the left). It doesn't work.
    • down arrow doesn't work in the notes (up, left and Right does)
    • retype password field is missing from the register process (it is useful, if one makes a typo)
    • it wasn't clear to me what the big CHECK button mean in the RE-CAPTCHA verification.

• TP4 is quite old already. Bookmark the Vivaldi Team Blog to get the latest Snapshot version (it will autodetect when updates are available).

• Though the entire set of browser versions are developmental at present, a straight "TP" version is considered the most stable and least experimental. The 'team blog' Snapshot versions are the most up-to-date in terms of features and fixes, but the new features beyond the TP version can introduce their own sets of problems. That said and given that everything is still a work much in progress, most users, as @Pesala notes, will find that using the latest Snapshot will present the fewest significant issues - particularly when the latest TP version has become several months old.

Eventually, after the browser is someday formally 'released', the latest stable, released version will replace the TP version placeholder and the Snapshot versions will become the more formalized alpha and/or beta versions… but that day has not yet arrived. Everything is still essentially alpha in nature.

• Well, after some years, I recently found out about Vivaldi. I had to install it straight away.
    I am still using Opera, but straight out of the box I can tell…it's like seeing an old faithful friend again you haven't seen in a while. Love it already and I have installed it 45min ago.
    So, thank you for keeping the spirit of the original Opera alive. It is really a pleasure to have the functionality back again.

The only thing I can see missing at the moment is the bottom pop-up loading bar, but I guess at the speeds we are talking in this age, it's sort of useless now. So I'm ok with it.

@mricks:

Well, after some years, I recently found out about Vivaldi. I had to install it straight away.
    I am still using Opera, but straight out of the box I can tell…it's like seeing an old faithful friend again you haven't seen in a while. Love it already and I have installed it 45min ago.
    So, thank you for keeping the spirit of the original Opera alive. It is really a pleasure to have the functionality back again.

The only thing I can see missing at the moment is the bottom pop-up loading bar, but I guess at the speeds we are talking in this age, it's sort of useless now. So I'm ok with it.

Welcome! If you have just installed the TP4 from the front page of Vivaldi.com, you may want to try the current snapshot from https://vivaldi.net/ !! There have been seventeen updates and many advancements since the Technical Preview!

• @mricks:

… The only thing I can see missing at the moment is the bottom pop-up loading bar, but I guess at the speeds we are talking in this age, it's sort of useless now. ...

I've forgotten when it was introduced, but in the recent/current snapshot versions, a background color-bar recedes across the address box from left to right indicating loading progress.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.