Mailto doesn't work inside Vivaldi with webmail

• I tried code which works in Chromium

navigator.registerProtocolHandler("mailto", "https://mail.yandex.com/compose?mailto=%s", "YaMail");

But in V it shows error

Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'registerProtocolHandler' on 'Navigator': Can only register custom handler in the document's origin. at Error (native) at <anonymous>:2:11 at Object.InjectedScript._evaluateOn (<anonymous>:905:140) at Object.InjectedScript._evaluateAndWrap (<anonymous>:838:34) at Object.InjectedScript.evaluate (<anonymous>:694:21)(anonymous function) @ VM980:2InjectedScript._evaluateOn @ VM979:905InjectedScript._evaluateAndWrap @ VM979:838InjectedScript.evaluate @ VM979:694

I suppose that since Vivaldi is intended to have email built in, the first point at which the mailto protocol will be available is when mail is available - and it will automatically be pointed to the built in mail. At some point a little later, it will be modified to accept mailto commands directed at webmail. That's my guess.

• @aaron_ Thanks! This was right on the money, but hopefully Vivaldi gets this implemented natively soon.

• Here is working with Mail app for Windows 10

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.