Need help with Install!

• I'm kind of new to Vivaldi, and I need help. I tried to install the latest technical preview-and it didn't install. It just kept telling me that Vivaldi was already running and that I had to close it-even when it was closed, and even after completely uninstalling Vivaldi. I have no idea what to do. Any help?

• I had the same problem, trying several times. With Windows 8.1 I saved the download, closed Vivaldi via task manager did a full shutdown rather than the hybrid shutdown, started up again and ran the installer before opening Vivaldi, even then it took two more attempts. Whether that did it or it was a matter of keeping trying I don't know.

• Anyone?

(I looked through my files and sure enough, there was an older version of Vivaldi that for some reason was listed as "Running" on Task Manager. I can't remove it for some weird reason, and I can't get Task Manager to end it. I have no idea what is going on).

• @Rainspa:

I had the same problem, trying several times. With Windows 8.1 I saved the download, closed Vivaldi via task manager did a full shutdown rather than the hybrid shutdown, started up again and ran the installer before opening Vivaldi, even then it took two more attempts. Whether that did it or it was a matter of keeping trying I don't know.

What is full shutdown?

• Windows 8.1 uses a hybrid shutdown so it starts faster, similar to hibernation, or so I understand. To do a full shutdown open the command prompt (admin), type: " shutdown /s /f /t 0 " without quotes and hit enter.

Or you can right-click the Start Screen button, or hit Win+X, and choose any option in the Power menu.

• Or ALT + F4 on the desktop

Or just install Classic Shell

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.