[BUG] 'previous/next tab' not working while page is loading

• This happens sometimes when i open a new tab and the tab title says 'Loading...'. While that loading tab is active, i can't use my previous or next tab shortcut. I'm using TP3 on win7.

• Still the same issue with TP4

I can confirm, and it's with any command. Looks like it's while DOM has not yet started to download.

• This is still an issue in the latest snapshot and beta. Now, when using 'previous/next tab' while the active page is loading, the command is executed after the page is loaded. This can be very annoying on pages that take longer to load because when clicking on a tab manually in order to navigate to it, the 'previous/next tab' command will still execute after the tab is loaded even if you already left the loading tab.

Since it's possible to navigate to another tab manually by clicking the tab, i suppose it should be possible just like that with the 'previous/next tab' keybinds as well but for some reason the command doesn't execute until after the page finished loading.

• I can confirm this bug, I wrote about it a week ago in the linux forum, and it still happens on snapshot 1.0.334.3.
    https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-linux/7167-ui-unresponsive-to-keyboard-while-loading-pages

• This has been resolved in previous snapshots but the bug reappeared with a recent snapshot.

• @quBit:

This has been resolved in previous snapshots but the bug reappeared with a recent snapshot.

I don't find it's really resolved so much. Maybe when I start a new session, load some bookmark, maybe it'll do it, but I loaded a new URL entirely, and it lagged for half a second or so. I would love it if this were like Opera 35, where I could go through previous/next tab instantaneously, with zero lag, while I'm waiting for the new tab to load.

Yes, the UI (not only the prev/next button) needs some performance improvement while tabs loading. That is a already known problem.
    I think this will be done at last in first Final.

• @Gwen-Dragon:

Yes, the UI (not only the prev/next button) needs some performance improvement while tabs loading. That is a already known problem.
    I think this will be done alt last in forst Final.

Als Last in der Forst, ist es Holz? :silly:

Hmmpf… That should be written as: I think this will be done at last in first Final.

PS: Lach nur, ich schrieb zu schnell.
    I need new glasses.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.