Adjust the Speed Dial size – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1511.4
@killchain I can confirm this, freezes whicle scrolling or framedrops.
I will file a internal bug report now.
This bug is nagging me too in daily work.
VB-52031 "tiled tab with forum and video have freezes and framedrops"
stardepp last edited by
On top of what's already mentioned, tab tiling seems to break YouTube, i.e. as soon as I tile a tab next to a one with a video playing in it, the playback starts having severe frame drops.
There is a remedy ... install this extension and select Firefox and Windows in the extension ... then reload Youtube and the video is running.
iAN CooG last edited by
And it's PERFECT! the option to lock/allow dragging thumbs is the cherry on top!
Thank you devs. Finally we can trash one more css mod after some years.
I can not to move the zoom control.
it's not relevant to the Speed Dial changes, and yes, that control can't be moved, yet.
@Steffie I believe the issue here is (if not the same, at least related to) a bug I reported a while back where saving a session that involves some pinned tabs doesn't always record which tabs are pinned correctly.
And of course, when you close a window with pinned tabs, they will be moved to another window if there is one available. I find this latter part to be intentional behaviour.
@LonM I understand you, & who knows maybe there's a buried common-cause, but the misbehaviour i have found tonight is not quite how you described.
The 12 tabs which i saved as a new session in PC1, & the 6 tabs ditto in PC2, were NOT pinned. Some were stacked, but none was pinned.
When i opened these respective new sessions in the respective pcs in new windows, they accurately replicated their created state, viz, some were stacked, but none was pinned.
However, once i closed these respective windows, these [all unpinned] tabs wrongly jumped into the respective original windows, AND some [not all of them] were now pinned.
@Steffie I must have misread your initial post- my error. What you describe is very much a new bug, one I have yet to experience for myself.
@LonM Ooh, i feel sooo special. Bet you're jealous.
That's a good one. On the topic, hopefully we can keep the option to locking them in the forefront of our minds.
a bug I reported a while back where saving a session that involves some pinned tabs doesn't always record which tabs are pinned correctly
Update. I've done more testing, & i need to retract/amend/expand some of my earlier text.
I now think that your bug IS strongly related to "my" bug [my apologies], but with a slight twist [of lemon?].
When earlier i wrote
after closing the 2nd window, sadly causing its tabs wrongly to materialise in the 1st window, some of them become pinned [they weren't before].
...i was only partly correct. I've now discovered this real weirdness:
- When only one window exists, & i create my various tabs that i intend to save as a new session, NONE of these tabs was pinned [several other, older, tabs are pinned, but none of these new ones (by intent)].
- Save those targeted tabs as session.
- Open this new session in window2 [new].
- Previously not noticed by me before, SOME of these new session tabs have erroneously become pinned [in fact most of them, but not all... weird within weird!].
- Yesterday, coz i'm a fool & failed to notice that in window2 many of those session tabs were now pinned, once i then closed window2 ALL those wrongly-pinned session tabs materialised back in window1, for the exact correct reason you originally described.
- i chose to omit it in my prior posts as i had not realised its major significance, & felt my text was already complex enough as is, but in fact it is [duh], ONLY those wrongly-pinned win2 tabs that later appear in win1... none of the few win2 unpinned tabs rematerialise in win1 once win2 closes [ie, that part at least = correct behaviour].
- Ergo, in win2, if before closing it i take the time to identify each falsely-pinned tab & unpin it, then when i close win2 NOTHING rematerialises in win1 [ie, = correct behaviour].
- Thus IMO i was completely wrong in correcting your characterisation before [sorry again], & i don't need to raise a new bug, coz this is merely another instance of your already-raised bug manifesting. It's new to me, but not new per se.
- The solution presumably requires identifying WHY some tabs get assigned an incorrect pin-state during session-creation. Once that initial error occurs, all the subsequent misbehaviour is inevitable.
@Steffie good find, and good write up! Hopefully this will be helpful to a dev when they read it.
killchain last edited by
@stardepp: Tried that, not really working, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.
@iAN-CooG A problem confirmed with slightly wider scope on Win10 - without auto-saving to default location selected.
I have default location defined but don't 'save without asking' so am, as usual, asked for destination when only wanting to 'Open', say, a PDF (a Chromium-imposed thing?). File is downloaded and saved wherever I specify but external default PDF reader is not being invoked in this snapshot.
I've also experienced a significant delay after download completion notification before the file is listed in the downloads panel (to the extent that I initially believed it was not being listed at all) - but that's not a consistent behaviour.
stardepp last edited by stardepp
@killchain dann versuch doch mal Betriebssystem und Browser zu wechseln. und zusätzlich noch diese Erweiterung installieren, dann klappt es wirklich.
A MG settings bug: The listbox reduces its size to its content, so if you clear all MGs, the list is 0 px wide (with border).
@potmeklecbohdan What is a MG?
@Gwen-Dragon Mouse gesture.
@Gwen-Dragon Thanks for confirmation. It's VB-52070.
I confirmed in bugtracker for 2.4 Stable and 2.5 Snapshot.
HTML5 tracking by ping can not be disabled anymore.
I reported this issue:
VB-52073 "Disable hyperlink auditing by ping and navigator.sendBeacon()"