Snapshot 1.0.219.3 - A cleaner Speed Dial and lots of fixes!

• Vivaldi Team

Hi y'all, Before we dive right into some of the changes made in this week’s snapshot build, we thought we would spend a little bit time explaining our plan going forward. As our development continues on toward beta, we have added quite a few new features and made some significant changes to our products over the last two months, since TP3. Because many people around the world download Vivaldi browser TP3, a build available for public download from vivaldi.com, we thought it would be a good idea to release the another newer Technical preview based on the current snapshot code. As preparation for TP4, this snapshot focuses on mainly bug fixes, but sneaked in a few more customization options on Speed Dial! Go to: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/36-vivaldi-browser-snapshot-1-0-219-3-clean-speed-dial //Christian - Vivaldi Technologies

• Christian – Just a quick comment since I just downloaded this latest snapshot. Please keep up the great work!

You gals and guys have really jumped on some of the latest bugs that I had run into. Thanks to all of you. My memory usage is still very low on a Win 7 x64 machine with 16 gb of RAM. Plus I restarted Vivaldi several times and it is opening very fast. I installed the Chrome extension - Lazy Tabs - that prevents tabs from being loaded on restarts until they are needed and I think this has a lot to do with the speed on reopening. I will check and edit this post if that is correct. Actually, the Chrome extensions I had been using to increase speed on starting Vivaldi and the memory usage have been unchecked. These are Lazy Tabs and One Tab. So these fixes are apparently built-in now. WOW!!!

Also, the UI Zoom in the Settings Menu has been fixed so that is is remembered on all sites.

Great work and pass on my thanks to the whole development team.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.