Mail notifications in daily digest?

• So, I like getting notified about stuff by e-mail. I just would like to get less of it - back when I used M2 exclusively for mail, dealing with it was sort of easy, but these days I'm using four different mail clients on three devices, and it appears that a storm passed through my inbox every time I write something somewhere.

• Hey buddy

you can edit your own "Notification Settings" under "Preferences". If you like too reduce the mail spam.
    If you go through that , what would you suggest that would be as the default settings ?

thanks for sharing :D

• Oh, I know I can selectively enable/disable notifications, which isn't really what I'm after - I'd like to see it all, but in a daily summary

• I want to turn off all email notifications, but that doesn't seem to work for subscribed threads, and any thread I reply to is subscribed to by default.

Please make notification opt-in rather than opt-out. Your email servers will get overloaded when you have 10,000 members, which won't be long I suspect.

• I just got another email for a repeat of a friend request that I already rejected once — this is just too much. Turn all email notification off by default please. I will ask if I want to be notified about anything.

Only Admins should be allowed to send email to users if there is some issue that needs attention, like a moderated post, etc.

• Hmmm… so if you go into Notifications then click on Friends and set Email to No... that doesn't work?

• @James:

Hmmm… so if you go into Notifications then click on Friends and set Email to No... that doesn't work?

Just saying that email notification should be off by default. I shouldn't have to turn it off, or find out how to turn it off.

• @Pesala:

@James:

Hmmm… so if you go into Notifications then click on Friends and set Email to No... that doesn't work?

Just saying that email notification should be off by default. I shouldn't have to turn it off, or find out how to turn it off.

Ah, I see. I misunderstood your earlier post. I agree that some of these settings could be a little more straight forward. I've spent the past hour drilling down through most of them and I have to say that many of them remind me of Facebook's.

• Indeed, please set the default for the subscribe box to be cleared. And I see that someone has added me as his friend without me having to give permission. 'Friends' is so Facebook, I see little point in it. (correction, it is still waiting to be approved, but the email didn't give that impression).

• Vivaldi Team

Yes, I agree. It's just too much email right now.
    I will ask guys to turn it off by default.

• Disabled :-)

• @davews:

'Friends' is so Facebook,

It was called "Friends" in myop too - and "person with similar interests who wants to see what and when you are posting and to share what and when (s)he is posting" could be, while correct, a wee bit too long :silly:

How about acquaintance? Or neighbor? (with u for our British friends :D)

• I didn´t know if I should start a separate thread for this - but I think here it also fits:

As I said: The mail comes without formatting as flowing text: No paragraphs no link formatting.
    Can´t say since when? I noticed it yesterday and today the bug still appears.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.