Getting closer – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1488.25

@Pesala said in Getting closer – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1488.25:

Ctrl+Click on Closed Tabs drop list opens tab in a foreground tab, not in the background. Middle-click works as expected.

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit 1809 build 17763.379 • Snapshot 2.4.1488.25 (64-bit)

Same behaviour on the "Reload" button.

• @CantankRus And middle-click on trash-can to open last closed tab 🙂

• @helsten2
    I only have Messenger pinned and Plurk unpinned open all the time. Memory consumption goes up with time, but it does not seem so bad. I mean I still have 2-3 GB-os left from the 8 GB total. But the GUI becomes very laggy.

• When you activate the Window Background Image in Settings, the Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons in the upper, right corner disappear.
    It does not happen with all images, though ...
    Tested animated GiFs and PNGs. Happens with both.

0_1553192044233_2019-03-21_19-10-45.gif

It has been like this since the function was introduced.

Win10x64 Vx64

• A few snapshots ago, Vivaldi was respecting macOS's dark mode appearance. It no longer does. Is there a particular reason why it stopped doing so?

• Vivaldi Team

@altcode: Chromium does not fully support it yet in all places so contrast could be bad in certain places. You can try -–force-dark-mode on the cmd line, I believe that will enable it again.

• 4th SS in a row that's sadly still not good for me.

1. broken H.264/MP4 when run in Firejail, but are ok if run naked https://forum.vivaldi.net/post/279174 ... VB-50975.
    2. basic Linux paste-from-middle-click function inside text-entry fields still broken in SS but fine in Stable. Actually, now i have new info: it's not SS middle-paste that's broken, but the initial copy-selection-to-clipboard that's broken in SS. I've now found that selected text from non-SS windows [eg, Stable, other browsers, LibreOffice etc] which thus still copies to clipboard, successfully middle-click-pastes into SS text fields. It's only text within SS that fails to copy to clipboard, hence cannot later be middle-click pasted in SS ... VB-51059.

• @Pesala Middle-click on history links is opening tabs in the foreground too. Happens for quite some snapshots I think.

• Pretty much bugs are in this snapshot. I hope you will not hurry to stable version.

BUG: Tooltip "Show foler contents" keeps showing after clicking on folders on bookmarbar bar.
    0_1553238191110_675ffd5d-3d69-4084-baa5-500330ee31de-image.png

I would really like to see the stutter / input lag that occurs when moving certain tabs to a new window fixed before final. I reported it as VB-50885 for twitch.tv, but I'm seeing it on outlook.com now as well. I'm pretty certain this is a regression.

• [Regression] Adding support for middle- and Ctrl/Alt click for navigation buttons and trash (VB-50238)
    What's Alt-click for?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.