New window with other minimized windows

• I often have a (Vivaldi) window or two minimized in my dock. When I want to open a new window, I switch to the Vivaldi application (with cmd-Tab), and then create a new window with cmd-N. For some reason, Vivaldi opens up one of the minimized windows, and then creates a new window (leaving that first window active in the background).

This is super annoying! Is there any way to create a new window without also bringing up that minimized window?

I'm using Vivaldi version 2.3.1440.61

@vivaldiuser123 Welcome to the Vivaldi community, and thanks very much for the report.

This is super annoying! Is there any way to create a new window without also bringing up that minimized window?

Not that I know of. This is a known bug. Vivaldi is a multi-platform app and although it tries to behave like a native macOS application as much as possible, it still has to emulate this behaviour, and it's window management and Desktop integration on macOS is still incomplete... although it is getting better over time.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.