Checkbox to disable opening file manager after capture page

• Since "image capture" has "capture file name template" settings, I no longer need to have a file manager automatically open (for renaming the captured file to a meaningful name). Can you add a checkbox to disable opening the file manager on capture. In stead of the file manager opening, a notification can appear on capture success (similar to the notification sent when a download completes)

There is a work around - check option [ Copy to Clipboard ] it will not stop Capture page & Desktop Notification will be shown at the Upper right corner of the screen.

• That work around does not save the file or bring up a notification for me. I am running Vivaldi 2.3.1440.60 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on a bionic linux system. Should I try this on Vivaldi 2.4 experimental?

The screenshot is saved at Clipboad. In this case you must you have selected the area (Copy to Clipboard on) and hit "Esc", which erased was everything.

0_1552680846245_cfac8e53-3b90-4113-b42e-a0d05f619b47-image.png

0_1552681010067_token2.png

• Just downloaded and started Vivaldi 2.4.1483.4. I have a notification appear when capturing full page with copy to clipboard enabled. Notification says "Image stored in the clipboard". However no file saved to:

• Downloads > Download Location
    • Webpages > Capture Storage Folder

Clipboard does indeed have image copied to it, since I can paste the clipboard to a new image in Gimp.

@silhoette said in Checkbox to disable opening file manager after capture page:

Clipboard does indeed have image copied to it, since I can paste the clipboard to a new image in Gimp.

Great! it works as it intend. However only the options with file format are saved ~~the Capture Page~ in the HDD.

Edited: grammar

• Let's see if I can clarify real world usages as to why having the file manager pop up is not desirable.

• If a person is downloading web pages for offline reading (such as when flying), saving in JPG format is portable to copy to phone or tablet
    • When doing testing/forensics/auditing a personal website when many screenshots have to be made
    • Captuing screennshots while someone is live streaming a game

In all examples, having to constantly close the file manager, or paste/save in an image editor, are just unneeded/unwanted steps.

Who wants to have to shut down the file manager 10 times if capturing 10 times?

@silhoette I understand you and have an idea how many times you have to repeat the same procedure.
    By design, the feature has 5 options

Capture
    1 Full Page
    2 Selection

Format
    3 Save as Png
    4 Save as Jpeg
    5 Copy to Clipboard

The options number 3 & 4 will automatically call your file manager. Only the last option (copy to clipboard) will not use any file manager.

You can use the FT to post your request.

• @lamarca, from your last post, you said

"You can use the FT to post your request"

I thought that is what I did, when I started this forum post 4 days ago. Are you saying that this forum post is in the wrong area when making a request?

@silhoette That doesn't looks like the standard feature request for me.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.