Vivaldi EULA?

• Just found this blog comment on the internet o.O It looks like something stupid but it makes me seriously think about that. What do you think about it? [b]Browser for enemies Jan 28, 2015 02:09 by Mental Lurg[/b] They named it "browser for our friends". Look at the license. They may change the terms at any time "without notice and your continued use of the Software or Services will be deemed as acceptance of such changes. You should check the terms of use regularly!" Basically this means that you agree with whatever they put to the license in the future. It is like to sign a blank sheet of paper that will be filled by Vivaldi later on. What means "regularly" to you? Suppose they changed the EULA and charge now $1,000,000 for each day you use the browser. If "regularly" means to you "monthly", then you will be glad to know next time you check the license that as a friend of Vivaldi you are due to pay them $30,000,000. Really, this browser is not for everyone. For real friends only. If you can afford expensive lawyers, go use this browser. It is hard to believe that these are the people who worked on Opera. The Opera license was really friendly, fair, without any traps. After you accepted it, it would be unchangeable, "will continue in perpetuity". Whereas the Vivaldi license is a time bomb. If you have some enemies, just advise them to install Vivaldi. One day the will get into huge troubles because of Vivaldi license.

• Gino, no offense, but what about talking about what's actually written on the EULA rather than discussing about what's written on a random internet post?

vivaldi://terms

• @The_Solutor:

Gino, no offense, but what about talking about what's actually written on the EULA rather than discussing about what's written on a random internet post?

vivaldi://terms

You made me feel dumb, I gotta stop to believe at anything I read on the internet :/

• @GinoPerla:

You made me feel dumb, I gotta stop to believe at anything I read on the internet :/

Internet is dangerous nowadays… ;)

Anyway I read it more carefully than any other EULA (I had to, because I translated it) and personally I found it one the most respectful and well written EULA ever.

• Yup it seems fair.
    Well it's still a worth to read post if you read about that random blog comment and believe it's true (shame on me eheh)

• Just double checked the EULA and clearly says what is claimed in random internet post:

"3. We may if needed change any part of these terms of use without notice and your continued use of the Software or Services will be deemed as acceptance of such changes. You should check the terms of use regularly!

I'm little uncomfortable with terms of use being changed without notice at any time. How is "regularly" defined? Daily? It does not say, screenshot added because I can not attach pdf
    [attachment=2995]ScreenShot2016-04-03at4.10.04PM.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

regularly means: Sometimes but not all 10 years ;)
    That "regularly" is a typical jurisdictional term.

May be you look into vivaldi://terms every quarter or half a year? If you think you may get some restrictions i case of Vivaldi Technologies may change something.

But i think, Vivaldi has to communicate the changes of "Terms and Conditions" of the software. But i'm not a lawyer, i guess it may be such habit.

• I once read this on the Internet, so it's probably true:

@Albert Einstein:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, but I am not too sure about the former.

• @AndEssen:

I'm little uncomfortable with terms of use being changed without notice at any time.

I'm not uncomfortable, because my jurisdiction this clause is a violation of the law regulating ToS and therefore legally void.

• @The_Solutor:

… and personally I found it one the most respectful and well written EULA ever.

Wouldn't it even be better written, if there was something like a change indication on vivaldi://terms? You expect the user to '…check the terms of use regularly!' but the way it looks to me at the moment, you have to read every word time and again. A change indication and a version number on top of the page would reduce the necessary effort tremendously.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.