Mac improvements and bookmarking tab selections – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1455.4

• @iAN-CooG said in Mac improvements and bookmarking tab selections – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1455.4:

[Regression] Tab renaming is delayed (VB-48960)

And still is, after renaming a tab stack the text in tab is still the previous one, until I activate another tab, even inside the same stack.

Now that's strange, that happens on my work PC, but it seems to be working on my Home PC, weird.

• @raed said in Mac improvements and bookmarking tab selections – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1455.4:

@ruario
    clicking delete private browsing, or control+shift+del hangs.
    Running on Windows 8.1 64 bit.
    Can someone else confirm as well.

Cannot reproduce, win7 32bit

• @raed said in Mac improvements and bookmarking tab selections – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1455.4:

@ruario
    pasting a url in the address field, or paste and go in address field does not work.
    Running on Windows 8.1
    Can someone else also confirm.

works for me, with either Ctrl-V, Shift-Ins or contex menu/paste whatever I have in the clipboard gets pasted in address field

• Ambassador

@raed It can take a while. It depends on how much private data you have. Here, it takes a few seconds only to delete data for All Time. I don't delete cookies, passwords, or form autofill data.

• @HakenBrowning @raed : works for me, which extensions are you using? try on a private window and/or maybe also refresh your profile.

• @rhk: It seems it has to do with bookmarks. On the previous version the bookmarks works ok. After upgrade the problem occurs. I tried to delete the bookmark file but after opening vivaldi browser the the bookmarks are still there and the problem persist.

@ryofurue Thanks; no need to report this again. We've already alerted the Vivaldi team to your post.

Should I report it again?

• @iAN-CooG Thanks, I'll check them.

But I saw another thing : changing the page opened when opening new Tab from Speed DIal to Welcome Page solves the problem. So there's a problem with my Speed Dial or with the Speed Dial code.

EDIT : I solved the problem by settings a folder to Speed DIal. It seems that, when you delete the Speed Dial folder and you forget to pick another one, Vivaldi doesn't have a fallback anymore (before it just opened an empty Speed Dial) and just try to show a null thing and just fail to show anything.

@rhk No, it seems to depend on the complexity of the page that you're printing. VB-48691 is still open and the related Chromium bug has not been fixed yet either.

• can anyone confirm?

• remove zoom slider from toolbar

• zoom with CTRL+scrollwheel works

• reset zoom with CTRL+* doesn't work, also zoom with CTRL modifier doesn't work

• set toolbar to default (zoomslider appears again)

• zoomslider is at 100% although zoom is higher/lower

• use zoomslider one time and everything works normal

Win7x64 Vx64

P.S. also the set-to-default dialog appears at the far left corner, is this normal?
    P.P.S. eventually related to VB-47900?

2.4 hits the floor.

[Mac][Media] AVC does not work with MSE on Mac if HWA is disabled (VB-40546)

Oh boy, I sure am glad I know what all those acronyms mean! 😵 I had to look up AVC and MSE:
    Advanced video coding, Media source extensions, hardware acceleration.

[Mac] Certain Vivaldi UI elements don’t react to clicks (VB-48160)

I'm on windows and I'm no longer seeing issues with elements reacting to clicks after RMB+Scroll, so that's good.

[Session] Pinned tabs from a saved session incorrectly positioned (VB-48040)

Nope! Maybe it's improved for actual pinned tabs, but if you Ctrl+Select some non-pinned tabs in a window with pinned tabs and save them as a session, the resulting session pins them even though they originally were not pinned.

[Regression] Tab favicons are bigger and blurry (VB-48625)
    Single key shortcuts from web panel takes over input (VB-46787)

Good good

• @raed @iAN-CooG @Pesala
    known bug, see here

• @HakenBrowning said in Mac improvements and bookmarking tab selections – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1455.4:

@iAN-CooG Thanks, I'll check them.

But I saw another thing : changing the page opened when opening new Tab from Speed DIal to Welcome Page solves the problem. So there's a problem with my Speed Dial or with the Speed Dial code.

EDIT : I solved the problem by settings a folder to Speed DIal. It seems that, when you delete the Speed Dial folder and you forget to pick another one, Vivaldi doesn't have a fallback anymore (before it just opened an empty Speed Dial) and just try to show a null thing and just fail to show anything.

Ok cool, please use vivaldi.com/bugreport and explain exactly how to reproduce, so they'll eventually fix it.

• @dode: Same here!

• Nice, my CNR bug about tabbar width seems accidentally solved in this snapshot 🙂

• I still get this a lot on videos: "The media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the media used features your browser did not support"

• I also can confirm the blank new page bug. It happens in both regular and private sessions.

Opening bookmarks also doesn't work correctly. I have to select the bookmark (which puts it into the address bar) and push enter to "go" where the old method was just simply clicking the bookmark. I also lost the ability to select bookmarks from the address bar and have to use the menu bar to select Bookmarks tab.

Win 10 x64 Enterprise

• @xyzzy said:

Note to Mac users: If you have a GPU that got blacklisted by the underlying Chromium code, it's no longer necessary to enable the #ignore-gpu-blacklist flag to get video playback fully working again in Vivaldi. Likewise, MacBook Pro users (with power-hungry discrete GPUs), who disable hardware acceleration in their Vivaldi settings in order to extend their battery life, should now also be able to play H.264/AVC-encoded videos.

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering about this.

• Replying to my above post to also note that searching is broken from the address bar. I have to type in my search and press enter twice to get to search engine page. The first time I press enter the cursor seems to just jump to the far left of the address I typed, and the second time it actually goes to (in my case) Duck Duck Go.

I did clear all browsing data except cookies and passwords.

• @kahukura: yep. It still freezes.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.