xevrem last edited by
Vivaldi will randomly freeze on various web pages for about 5-30 seconds. When I do remember to pre-launch the task manager, what i usually see is the
Background Page: Vivalditask spike in CPU usage as well as the page in question. There doesn't seem to be any particular page that causes it, but i've found some React-based pages will more likely trigger the freezing than others (perhaps the heavy JS usage?)
Anyway, this issue exists on all platforms (win, linux, and mac) and appears to exist in standard and snapshot editions. Let me know if there are any additional tests you need me to run to help diagnose.
Sorry, we can not use a Magic Crystal Ball to get more knowledge on your issue.
Information on your issue is missing:
- What is your Mac/Linux/Windows version and build?
- What is your Vivaldi version? (via Vivaldi menu
Help → About and first line)
- Which extensions do you have installed? (via Vivaldi menu Tools → Extensions)
- Which security software do you have installed (Firewall, antivirus, malwarekiller, etc)
- Which GPU and graphics hardware do you have?
Are the drivers from chipset/card manufacturer up-to-date?
- How large is free RAM?
QuHno last edited by Ayespy
I'd be more interested in some of those React-based pages for testing ...
Additionally slapping my crystal ball did not help too
pam last edited by
@Gwen-Dragon I will attempt to answer some of those questions as I'm having the same issue.
- Windows 1809 -17763.292
- Vivaldi 2.3 Windows 64 bit
3.HTTPS Everywhere, BitWarden, Nano Defender, Nano Adblocker, Grammerly (shut off) I've got one other but will be removing it, it's currently deactivated so shouldn't be doing anything.
- Windows Defender
- AMD Radeon RX 580 (discrete) Yes, drivers updated as is Windows
- 16 GB Ram - Virtually all free other than what OS may use, this computer is less than a week old and aside from Vivaldi Browser and Tor Browser, no programs have been installed and bloatware has been deleted. So, there's more than enough available Ram.
I'm also having trouble with the freezing, and my tabs are not stacking either. Hope I included enough information to help. I realize it's not going to help the one who asked the original question but it will help me!!
TbGbe last edited by
I don't know about freezing (haven't had that problem). However
my tabs are not stacking either.
See if this helps https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/34408/auto-tab-stacking-not-working/19
xevrem last edited by xevrem
Haven't booted into windows yet, but i can give you my mac/linux info:
mac: macbook pro 2017
vivaldi version: 2.3.1440.37 (Official Build) (64-bit)
extensions: auto tab discard, autoplay stopper, bitwarden, https everywhere, privacy badger, react dev tools, redux dev tools, save to pocket, ublock origin, ublock origin extra, user-agent switcher, and vue devtools.
security software: no
gpu: Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB & Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Ubuntu 18.10 (latest updates as of yesterday)
vivaldi version: 2.3.1440.37 (Official Build) snapshot (64-bit)
extensions: same as mac (settings sync)
security software: default (app armor i think?)
gpu: amd vega 56 (kernel 4.20 open-source drivers)
react pages: reddit and twitch