Feature request: handling of multiple tabs

• Hi there, It would be nice if you can choose multiple tabs. Then, you would be able to group, move, or close multiple tabs at once. You would even be able to move multiple tabs to a new Vivaldi window or to another existing Vivaldi window. At the moment, I find it tedious to close many tabs one by one, once I'm done with them. Regards, Ryo

Multiselection of tabs actually already works. Press Ctrl or Shift and click multiple tabs. You'll notice a dotted border if you look closely. ;)
    Only selection-aware menu items so far are Tiling and Stacking, though.

• @Christoph142:

Multiselection of tabs actually already works. Press Ctrl or Shift and click multiple tabs. You'll notice a dotted border if you look closely. ;)
    Only selection-aware menu items so far are Tiling and Stacking, though.

Wow! Thanks for pointing that out! Did I miss it? Or is it new? I had certainly tried Shift+Click before making my last posting.

Anyway, that is great and I have a further request for a small improvement: Shift+Click should select all the tabs between the current active tab and the clicked tab (inclusive), because that is the standard behavior of Shift+Click on many applications, at least on Mac, and if I remember correctly, on Linux, too; whereas Alt+Click (or Command+Click, Option+Click, or Ctrl+Click) should add only the clicked tab to the selection.

And, of course, I'm waiting for more selection-aware functionalities such as those I described in my original posting :-) It would be nice to be able to copy, delete, move, and paste multiple tabs at a time, as if they were files on Explorer (Windows), Finder (Mac), or the file manager (Linux).

Cheers,

Ryo

Has been for a while, we discussed it some times in the forums.

Yes, agree with the Shift+click, that's standard for all apps in all OSes.

Has been for a while, we discussed it some times in the forums.

Yes, agree with the Shift+click, that's standard for all apps in all OSes.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.