Font Problem in Vivaldi App Launcher

• Hello Everyone I think this time I am reporting a little problem which I noticed in Vivaldi App Launcher [attachment=1331]VivAppLauncher.png[/attachment] As it can be seen that as I hover over any of the items then the font becomes blurry(in this case: Pocket) Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/23072/VivAppLauncher.png[/img]

• You are the second person (AFAIK) who has ever mentioned this "app launcher" thing. No-one else here uses it and a Google search reveals next to nothing.

Since it says "web store" on your screen shot, which I'm pretty sure Vivaldi people have nothing to do with, I believe it's some kind of scam and you should probably get rid of it…

... if you can! The other thread mentioning it was complaining that it was impossible to remove.

• App launcher appears as soon as you install any app from Chrome Web Store. It's part of Chromium and thus of Vivaldi.

• Okidoki. Kind of weird that it's not talked about on these forums, in that case.

I personally don't see the point in installing extensions now since 1) we don't know what the final feature set will be, 2) they're not really supported yet, 3) we don't really know how much extensions can/will bork the default Vivaldi experience right now!

Apart from some people who might want to test extension integration, to me it seems better if most testers stick with "pure" Vivaldi until that's been stabilised…

• @mossman:

Apart from some people who might want to test extension integration, to me it seems better if most testers stick with "pure" Vivaldi until that's been stabilised…

You are right but I have always found it difficult to get rid of the dependency of some extensions.

• @mossman:

You can have as many independent Vivaldi installations you want, and even if you are on a single install, checking if a weird behavior is dependent on some settings or extensions is pretty simple.

Just close Vivaldi, rename temporarily your user profile folder, and relaunch it.

Then you can delete the new, virgin, profile and rename back the old one.

• But to do all that checking you have to suspect an extension may be causing problems in the first place!

I have a feeling that a lot of little quirks would just be ascribed to Vivaldi instead of an extension.

There could also be cases where an extension keeps things the way the user expected in Chrome when Vivaldi actually has a better native feature. Imagine if everyone's using an ad blocking extension when Vivaldi adds its own native one… would users start using and testing Vivaldi's? Would they even notice?

• @mossman:

But to do all that checking you have to suspect an extension may be causing problems in the first place!

Could be one of the zillions of extensions meant to "fix" the chromium font rendering.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.